Best One-Liners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best One-Liners

So an old boss of mine who was also a friend passed away recently, bringing me back into contact with people I have not seen or talked to in like 10 years. One of the guys is a fleet mechanic at the company and when I saw him I instantly remembered one of the greatest one liners I had ever heard, because he said it.

A bunch of drivers were hounding him about truck stuff one morning and some of it was just total BS crap.

He looked over at me and dead panned, "You know...if assholes could fly, this place would be an airport."

I about peed my pants.

What's the best one liner you can remember?
    Last edited by Brian Lohnes; January 8, 2013, 05:17 PM.
    That which you manifest is before you.

All of the one liners I know are bad, like..

"If I wanted any shit outta you I'd squeeze your head.."

&

"If I wanted any lip outta you I'd take down my zipper.."

Used to work with a retired truck driver that'd been drivin since the 50's..
    (he had a funny saying about drivin twin sticks but I can't remember it right now!)

Comment

My dad would always say .....'ride lose in the saddle of life'
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

"Two things I like cars boats and motorcycles" my friend George harnessing his inner Yogi Berra

Steve
        Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Originally posted by rightpedal View Post
          "Two things I like cars boats and motorcycles" my friend George harnessing his inner Yogi Berra

Steve
          My funny bone is kinda numb tonight, but Yogi Berra - yeah just post the Yogi Berra list of quotes here. They go on and on.

EDIT: I think my favorite Yogi quote, aside from, "It's like deja vu all over again," I think Yogi said it. Yogi was known and famous for swinging at anything that that was thrown at him. He got in front of a pitcher who threw three straight balls that bounced off the dirt in front of home plate. Yogi swung at every one of them. Three strikes, YER OUT.

Yogi went back to the dugout and said, "If that boy can't throw any better than that, he shouldn't be in the big leagues."

Or something like that.
          Last edited by pdub; January 8, 2013, 05:37 PM.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

"I think I see your problem. You're standing too close to your ball after you hit it."

Comment

Mine is "this would be a great job if they got rid of the airplanes".

The other I use is, "I love Day Shift,except for the hours".
              I've been on 1430-2230 for about 15 years,and secound shift type hours sence 1982.
              Last edited by Cyclone03; January 8, 2013, 05:37 PM.

Comment

truckers sayings.
                as if they are some fat diva with wisdom.

"stick her in the big hole, you'll go faster"

that means the tallest gear. perverts.
                this one, I was 15 splitting wood for a very large disabled man.
                got to asking me about girlfriends.
                he said
                "get it while you can, you'll never get it again."

nothing to do with women at all. ended up the largest one liner in my life.
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 8, 2013, 05:57 PM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

"forecasting is difficult, especially when it involves the future"

Yogi Berra
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                    "forecasting is difficult, especially when it involves the future"

Yogi Berra
                    Wasn't Yogi in an insurance commercial once? He said something like, "It's kinda like money, but you can spend it."

Or something like that.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                      Wasn't Yogi in an insurance commercial once? He said something like, "It's kinda like money, but you can spend it."

Or something like that.
                      yep..Aflac commercial...Greatest One Liner of all time IMHO
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

My grandfather once said to me about my fascination with cars. "The most expensive cars in the world don't come with talent to drive them. First, learn how to drive." Living in this town I see people with fancy, expensive cars who crash them daily. Grandpa was right.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

OK don't judge!

I was outside the building having a smoke one day and an uppity 20 something told me second hand smoke kills.....
                          to which I answered not nearly fast enough
                          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Where to start!
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                              OK don't judge!

I was outside the building having a smoke one day and an uppity 20 something told me second hand smoke kills.....
                              to which I answered not nearly fast enough
                              Way to tell off that little brat.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X