Let's say.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's say.....

You could score this thing on the cheap....like on the reallll cheap.

Owner claims it's an Olds Rocket 350 motor.

It sure is clean and we're talking like 1k bucks. It's a more door, but I just don't know if this thing can be made cool. VERY square.

What do you guys think?

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Re: Let's say.....

455 big block and shes good to go ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Yep...It can be cool...Add 2 turbo's...leave it looking just the way it is.....wicked awesome sleeper ;D

Make sure there is a baby seat in the back ;D

Seth
      200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
        You could score this thing on the cheap....like on the reallll cheap.

Owner claims it's an Olds Rocket 350 motor.

It sure is clean and we're talking like 1k bucks. It's a more door, but I just don't know if this thing can be made cool. VERY square.

What do you guys think?

Brian

More doors are always cool when the wheels are of the ground.

Comment

I kinda like the way it looks as is but could always go with more power.
          HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

those bodies make good drag cars.....

Comment

There is a guy over at Pro-Touring.com that has a malibu in that body style lowered over 17 in. ralleys. He has done tons of handling stuff to it as well as a healthy power plant. I thought they were useless until I saw his car. Not a finished piece, but very functional. With the way that car looks now, body colored steelies w/ dog dishes and an altitude adjustment would make the outside fakeout cool. I think you are onto something. Go for it.
              Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

I would be all over it for a grand....what a steal, and its cool, just needs RWL or black walls on al corners to clean up the look......

Comment

dare to be different.

Comment

that car's to cheap, you don't have to own a 4 door with the cost of a 2 door... but the quality of all of them was really suspect in those years..... and I happen to be a fan of them.... Hmmm

K

Comment

I like the cars,but after owned several of them i dislike the interior and rear axle.Especially the rear axle :

Comment

If the frame rails are solid I would be all over that for a grand. As mentioned the rear ends are crap-I blew up three of them in my 13 second wagon, but at least replacements are plentiful and cheap. You can do everything and anything with those cars-drag race, autocross, economical and fun daily driver-anything. And you can do an awful lot with junkyard parts on the super cheap. Yes they are from the "dark ages" of GM, and the interiors are a bit cheap( the Buicks, Olds, and Pontiacs are nicer) but the basic design is very good. That car would look a ton better with the wheels painted silver, and better yet with white steelies and pie pans! As you enabler I strongly recommend you get it! ;D

Comment

It is very clean, but unless you were dead set on a super sleeper of some sort, I would spend that grand somewhere else.

What is going on with that wagon you bought anyway?
                          1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

As I'm posting this from the tower of a drag strip....not much happening with the wagon. No excuse really...just building kitchens and life in general has stalled that deal.

I'm hoping to go on the "rescue mission" in like 2 weeks.

I'm still trying to sort out my emotions on the Malibu. Your input is appreciated. I love the 2-doors I'm just struggling with a roof line that doesn't look "right" to me. Although with a healthy small block in it, the baby seats would fit right in the back with no problem.

Brian

Brian
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

ANYTHING can be made "cool" with the right vision, and applying it properly.

Just look at it as what it is.....a 20-year-newer version of CJTV's Crew Cab Chevelle.

But that's just my .002

Tiresmoke!

Comment

Working...
                              X