Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Really Do Need To Check Out More Of This Site More Often......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Really Do Need To Check Out More Of This Site More Often......

Came across this article on the New FAST EFI, Pretty impressive if it really does support 1200hp...... If it's affordable enough I might try it out on the '71 Camaro since I'm leaning the E85 way on that.........

Anyway check it out.....

Well hell, if its out soon enough they will sell me one. Might as well try out the E85 capability and see what it can do. If it doesnt work on the GTO then it would be fine for the Cougar.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
      Well hell, if its out soon enough they will sell me one. Might as well try out the E85 capability and see what it can do. If it doesnt work on the GTO then it would be fine for the Cougar.
      Let's let TC buy it and do a "write up" on it first. I've got better and more affordable options in mind for your projects! :-)
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
        Let's let TC buy it and do a "write up" on it first. I've got better and more affordable options in mind for your projects! :-)
        Well then, lets get started sometime soon. Winter time is building time. Besides you need a vacation and maybe a fishing trip.

Comment

8 injectors, limited lifetime warrant, plug and play in an afternoon, 1200hp capability, self learn, ignition control, gasoline/E85 compatible..... For the guy that doesn't want to put the time into building an EFI system and learning how to program it, this is one of the best deals out there IMO......
          Last edited by TC; January 10, 2013, 12:18 AM.

Comment

can't wait for you to try it out and do one of your "writeups"

LOL
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

the half sized realm is missing..else I am with TC.
              you can plug a whole bunch of stuff together, but even materials of endpoint gadgets going back to a clock diven risc chip is a bouncy ride.
              I even have a positive and negative for the accel ignition wrapped and grounded cabled to the disty.

it sucks not to have an all in one compilation.
              my question is ..where is <=300 to 350 cfm?
              they could drop prices just by quantity of demand.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                can't wait for you to try it out and do one of your "writeups"

LOL
                Who needs to do a write-up, the mags have already shown us that the self tuning feature can best a Professional tuner in a mater of a few dyno pulls..... Maybe HotRod or CarCraft can do a shootout, DG vs Self Tuning and see who comes out on top.......

Comment

I would love to see that! I would loan them a engine.
                  2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                  First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                  2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                  2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

All the prostock guys are using self-learning these days.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                      All the prostock guys are using self-learning these days.
                      I'll start worrying when self-learning systems can optimize their own timing, transition throttle, etc. Meanwhile, not afraid yet.

Comment

I'm sure the ultimate goal for these self tuning engineers is to eventually have the ECM self tune all aspects of the EFI system itself.... All they would really have to do is have the ECM monitor power output and add/subtract fuel/timing at each give RPM to achieve the highest output..... And maybe instead of being so against all this Self Tuning stuff DG, maybe you should embrace it and be the guy that invents the fully self tuning efi system..... You do that and you'll be a Quadrillionaire........

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                          I'm sure the ultimate goal for these self tuning engineers is to eventually have the ECM self tune all aspects of the EFI system itself.... All they would really have to do is have the ECM monitor power output and add/subtract fuel/timing at each give RPM to achieve the highest output..... And maybe instead of being so against all this Self Tuning stuff DG, maybe you should embrace it and be the guy that invents the fully self tuning efi system..... You do that and you'll be a Quadrillionaire........
                          Unfortunately, things never seem to work the way you think they would Alex. You'd think the guy that invented the original EFI system would be a "Quadrillionaire" or maybe even a "millionaire" but I can't think of one guy in this industry that made a mint off a single invention. In cartoons it seems that's how life works, but it doesn't.

Also, I'm not "against" self tuning EFI - but I am against marketing hype which is largely BS, and against the clowns tho spew that marketing hype all over the internet as if it somehow qualifies them to say the kind of things you do, as if it were fact. You're way off, but people know that, you have enough of a challenge meeting your own personal project deadlines that you set for yourself, publicly. IMO first learn to do what you say you are going to do, THEN tell everyone how to do it. But that's what makes you and me different I guess!
                          Last edited by dieselgeek; January 10, 2013, 11:28 AM.

Comment

DG with my Idle Air Fuel ratio shown on a EGO sensor, I would hate to think of the Self tuning it would do.
                            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                              DG with my Idle Air Fuel ratio shown on a EGO sensor, I would hate to think of the Self tuning it would do.
                              that, and everything else about your slightly-beyond-reasonable combination, I'd love to see how that would work.... yikes

Comment

Working...
                              X