Steelies vs Welds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steelies vs Welds

All this talk of steelies and dogdish caps got me to thinking about the chevelle. I've been wanting to make some changes, and after looking at different cars and combos of steel wheels w/dogdish caps, I'm kinda liking it.....painted white w/ blackwall tires.

Give me your thoughts
    Go w/the steelies, it'd be a nice change.
    66.67%
    Welds all the way, you need all the help you can get in the ET department.
    33.33%
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Whatever lights your fire...... Though steel wheels are heavier..........

Comment

your style 'velle looks real good with dog dish IMO.....I say go for it...and they are just shoes, you can change em back when you want to change up the look..

as far as weight, unless you are compeating for every single tenth of a tenth..who gives a rats behing if the weigh a bit more.....just my 2 cents
      Last edited by JOES66FURY; January 11, 2013, 12:22 PM.
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

recently there have been pics and conversations about making welds "look old"

If you're bored with the looks - don't add the weight - change the look of the welds.

Aaron had a set of dog dish hubcaps that were large enough OD that they covered the weld holes - nearly looked like old chrome wheels with hubcaps.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

The weight isn't a huge concern, I can always put a bigger nitrous jet in it ... didn't run the car once last summer. Even toying with going to a 60 series on the front as well. I do like the painted look lately, but then would those make the 6" cowl look out of place?

Decisions....decisions....decisions.....
          Last edited by Bamfster; January 11, 2013, 12:33 PM.

Comment

wide steelies on all four corners would look effing killer!
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

old cars getting old..the aluminum alloys are like heatsinks for change.
              the steel stays very stubborn during a restomod.

Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

What Joe says,makes me smile

Comment

^^^ case in point

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                      I do like the painted look lately, but then would those make the 6" cowl look out of place?
                      Yeah, you'd need a rectangular Harwood snorkel
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                        Yeah, you'd need a rectangular Harwood snorkel
                        And a Mullet.......

Comment

As I've been running it back and forth to Grand Junction, I'm kinda diggin running it into curves at speed, that's my motivation for the 60 series all the way around .... maybe even a 50 on the back?

Been there done that w/rallys ... and I'm pretty much over those. It seems everyone has them nowadays.

Harwood snorkel? I didn't like 'em when they were in style! But I did have a mullet back in the day ...
                          Last edited by Bamfster; January 11, 2013, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Big fan of steelies.
                            They'd look good on your rig.

Harwood snorkel.......not so much.
                            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Im actually thinking of putting Welds on my 77 Monte. Kinda needing a change. Prostars 8 inch all around.

Comment

Working...
                              X