Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stopped by the uphsoltery shop today........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopped by the uphsoltery shop today........

Dropped of my '64 Impala bucket frames today at Billy Cox upholstery shop.
    Billy is one of the top upholstery guys in the area and does some cool stuff.
    Tracks are being custom built to fit the shoebox..so they'll be pretty much bolt in.

Here's some pics I took of a pretty neat car he had there.
    It's 1964 Ford Griffith. It was built to compete with the Shelby Cobras.
    I real unique car. It's 1 of 60 built.....and this car is #1.
    0 to 60 in 5 seconds.......hipo 289 Ford mill.
    Weighs in a little over 2100 lbs.

Some of you Ford guys might chime in hear.
    Plans,at the time,were for many more units to be made but market couldn't support it. A price tag of $4,000 in '64 was a heft sum.
    I dig it.

And a big old Chrysler that has lots of 'wood'.
    I can see Scott driving this luxo barge.

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Monk,there is an article about the Griffith in Muscle Machine magazine this month.

Comment

Looks like a TVR.
      I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
        Monk,there is an article about the Griffith in Muscle Machine magazine this month.
        This is a cool car Tony........wicked fast.
        I'll have to grab that rag off of the shelf and read it.
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Looking at the door/cowl and lower fenders up front, it looks kinda like a Triumph GT6?
          Last edited by Deaf Bob; January 11, 2013, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            Looking at the door/cowl and lower fenders up front, it looks kinda like a Triumpg GT6?
            Yeah.......that was my first impression
            Thom

Comment

Cool looking car! Reminds me when I was a little kid and my dad was doing an interior (has done upholstery for 30+ years now) on a Aston Martin. It was also red in color and had spoke wheels but a little bigger in size. I will see if I can dig up a picture of it soon to share, surely somebody would know the model on here. I remember my dad asking the question of "what's the car worth" in the late 80's and the guy responded probably more than you house........my dad was concerned cause we didn't live in the best of neighborhoods at the time. I always remembered that car for some reason, maybe because if I was caught near it I'd be grounded for life since it was fresh from paint LOL!
              Nick Smithberg
              www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by BOSSMAN View Post
                Cool looking car! Reminds me when I was a little kid and my dad was doing an interior (has done upholstery for 30+ years now) on a Aston Martin. It was also red in color and had spoke wheels but a little bigger in size. I will see if I can dig up a picture of it soon to share, surely somebody would know the model on here. I remember my dad asking the question of "what's the car worth" in the late 80's and the guy responded probably more than you house........my dad was concerned cause we didn't live in the best of neighborhoods at the time. I always remembered that car for some reason, maybe because if I was caught near it I'd be grounded for life since it was fresh from paint LOL!
                Yeah it's amazing what kind of cars that will sit around in these shops.
                Some high dollar stuff in these small buildings........I just assume they care
                enough insurance.
                I stop by every now and then just to see what he's working on.

Get a load of this one.
                This was at the guy's shop who did my original interior before Billy showed up in the area.
                I'm not sure you could have enough insurance to replace this car.
                Special built car for Rochester from the Jack Benny show. As you can see, not a whole lot of upholstery work to be done here. Very cool car.

Thom

Comment

^^^ Very cool! Quite the combination of parts to make that. I could look at cars like this for hours. They all have a story and some are more interesting than others.
                  Nick Smithberg
                  www.smithbergracing.com

Comment

the griffith must be a roaster.
                    tiny silicone hoses, louvers inidicating an "outie" instead of carb demand.

shelby won there it seems.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                    X