Weather Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather Report

Gee whiz, it's 65 degrees at 3 in the morning in eastern TN in the middle of January. That's just not right. There's a tree frog ribbiting outside.

I'm not complaining, washed Bubba and Red wearing a T-shirt, but that's just not right.

Watched the football game in Denver (gosh what a coaching mistake by Denver on 3rd down, running the ball for no gain when the Ravens were out of timeouts) and they were blowing smoke, 8 degrees or something. So there's a pocket of "not right for the season" hanging right here.

We'll pay for it, I'll betcha. I like it right now, but it just ain't right.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Count your blessings, my man!...
    21 degrees here in OR at the foot of the coast range... Right at 500 ft...
    At least it ain't snowing or raining.... YES it rains here that cold.. Layers up on trees and sends them crashing down!
    I know it gets colder at other parts of the country.... Luckily it only lasts a week at a time, 2 different spells, on average..
    Cut some firewood because it wasn't raining... 2- tshirts, quilted flannel, cap, gloves and longjohns.. one wheel barrow load.. Hell with this shit! Wood stove beckoned and made me feel so good, I went to sleep in my chair.. Now it's 1 am.. Wide awake!

Comment

As mentioned elsewhere I did Trucks front brakes yesterday in a T-shirt and jeans - toasty. We hit 78, a new record. I LOVE this Global Warming stuff (until our place is waterfront).

Dan

Comment

Did the Avalanche rear brakes yesterday at 50+ degrees and sunny...woke up this morning to 19 degrees and 2 inches of fresh snow to shovel
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

It was pretty nice here a couple days ago, yesterday morning it was 14 and got up to around 37 in the afternoon. This morning, 12. Mid 20s now.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Sit tight PW, the temps have dropped 20 degrees since midnight 50 miles NW of me.
            The cold zone will be moving in on us in the very near future.
            Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; January 13, 2013, 09:38 AM.
            A.K.A. Brian
            Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

This is killing my car productivity. Makes me wait until at least noon before I go outside.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

there is a few amazings this year.

the net is awesome..
                so cal with freeze warnings.

it is actually the last freak warm sprite here, warm enough where fog is all day. munching on oranges to fake the missing sun with this flu burst coming through.

I can even smell the outside of the steam driven heat pipes. it seems there is more moist outside them, then in.

the arctic snap should do wonders for death and destruction, all the pleasant january things, like my birthday.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

We had an amazing sunny 55 degree day here in the Toronto area yesterday, it was a lovely day to be outside for mid-January in southern Ontario. Low 40s today so far, supposed to warm up a bit more. Back to around freezing by mid-week here though ...

cheers
                  Ed
                  Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                  07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                  88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

i walked my dogs last night at 10:30, it was 71. I woke up this morning with it 43 degrees, wind blowing at almost 20mph and rain
                    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

7* overnight here, highs of about 30*. Welcome to N. AZ.
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

26 was the low and 50 is going to be the high today, it's going to be like that tomorrow to, then it's back up into the mid 60's by Tuesday.... Winter is almost over.......

Comment

25 here right now...0624am. Been chilli here that last few days and I am loving it!
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

You need to get some action down here, it's 13 out this morning at o dark thirty.
                            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Was gonna go to the mountain this weekend but we (the kids) dont have the required cold weather gear. I have plenty of it from when I was in Ak....but they dont have anything...it was in the low teens up there...

We ran the heater last night...first time in two years I think.
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                              X