No announcement yet.

Weather Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

39 degrees. The sun hasn't come out here in the better part of a week. Rain, pouring rain....but it's about to get interesting, according to the guessers. This'll be fun to watch out the window.

In a few hours the hard rain will change to snow and it'll snow wads of snowballs for only an hour or two, fast enough to pile up on the grass faster than it can melt. And then the temperature will quickly go below freezing for the night and turn all the wet streets into greased skating rinks by morning. Yeah, this oughta be good.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

We have been having 21 to 27 degrees in the mornings! All the cactus I have are suffering but today it is in the 70s
      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
        39 degrees. The sun hasn't come out here in the better part of a week. Rain, pouring rain....but it's about to get interesting, according to the guessers. This'll be fun to watch out the window.

In a few hours the hard rain will change to snow and it'll snow wads of snowballs for only an hour or two, fast enough to pile up on the grass faster than it can melt. And then the temperature will quickly go below freezing for the night and turn all the wet streets into greased skating rinks by morning. Yeah, this oughta be good.
        I saw your locale in the news.
        you are lucky to have rain.

the past hour:

36F, start the car, get the melting snow off.

now 25F and dropping like a brick to 9 below forecast.

not as crazy as the 55 above to 26 below a few years ago...but crazy enough.

creak a house like an old wooden ship.
        Disbelief even with a temp gauge in your face...
        I am content... like a smiling blind fuel metering jet.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 17, 2013, 02:09 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

75 and sunny, had to kick the A/C on coming home from the market a little while ago. Ok, I didn't HAVE to, I could have put the windows down I guess.
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Slight possibility we'll get a few flakes tonight. NOT expected to stick. In the past hour or so it's gone from about 75 to maybe 55 or so on the way to a sub-freezing overnight low. Probably close school tomorrow if the snow comes to pass!

Dan

Comment

Working...
              X