New Corvette (C7) being revealed today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Corvette (C7) being revealed today

Just realized the C7 is going to be revealed today, I'm not really a 'Vette guy but I'm interested to see the new design, a lot of people are calling it the new "Stingray" we'll see.

Watch here 7:00 pm EST.

Experience the thrill of the 2024 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray mid-engine sports car stocked with 495 max available horsepower, an LT2 V8 Engine, & 470 lb-ft of Torque.
    sigpic

I saw an ice blue vett going down the road yesterday that didn't look like a C6. We about 2 hours from bowling green. Interested to see if the new one looks like what I saw yesterday.
    Hard Work Guarantees Nothing - Lack of it Does!

Drew Gerth - Newburgh, IN

Comment

Comment

I'm gonna have a great laugh as the heads of Corvette fans start popping...
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

I still think there is a pontiac symbol hidden in it.

every line matters.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
            I still think there is a pontiac symbol hidden in it.

every line matters.
            After seeing the new Crossed Flags, I was thinking the same thing.

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Well, hey, I can't afford it anyway.
              Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Not like I can either, but DAMN...
                Last edited by BangShift McT; January 13, 2013, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                  After seeing the new Crossed Flags, I was thinking the same thing.
                  I won't describe where I saw the pontiac symbol, it is abstract..
                  but after seeing they called it the sting ray, I guess it makes sense.

the stingray = pontiac banshee, designed by delorean in the mid 60s.

I love when they get talking structure. Those are numbers to listen to.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

From the multitudes of texts I'm receiving right now: "Looks like a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta and a new Viper gang-banged a C6."

Comment

Looks are something that never really get me excited.

And normally I'd be excited about high tech shit like "Auto Rev Matching" for shifts. But let's be serious, GM can't get a plastic intake manifold right, would I trust them with F1 type tech? no way in hell.
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

'Auto Rev Matching'.......any good driver will tell ya the accelerator works just fine........
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

If I could afford one I might care. Check back with me in 2033.
                          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                            Looks are something that never really get me excited.

And normally I'd be excited about high tech shit like "Auto Rev Matching" for shifts. But let's be serious, GM can't get a plastic intake manifold right, would I trust them with F1 type tech? no way in hell.
                            name me a composite intake that any of us like...all manufacturers have had these issues...I still like the old school way of performance, but change while not always good, is inevitible...
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                              name me a composite intake that any of us like...all manufacturers have had these issues...I still like the old school way of performance, but change while not always good, is inevitible...
                              I like the Ford modular composite intakes, you can put 20psi into them for a long time and, so long as your tune is good and no intake backfires, they hold up fine (but nevermind the OTHER ford modular issues). i like the new AFR composite intake and have seen one in action on the dyno already. I also like the aftermarket LS engine composite intakes. So there is more than one I named for you :-)

My point is, GM can't figure out how to get things like the plastic intake right before releasing it to the public. And while I'd be a HUGE fan of Direct Injection, it's a technology that even Lexus can't get right (hundreds of thousands of vehicles in warranty as I write this), and GM's doing no better. Why release tech that you aren't evern going to have a chance of getting right? I guess this is a gift to GM Tech employees who'll be kept busy at the dealership repair station. I know people who make their living off nothing but repairing leaking GM intakes so i guess there IS a bright side. Don't even get me started on their electronics / BCM crap either. Late model car tech keeps getting "better" while at the same time, making the new cars a whole lot worse. And me being a relatively hardcore tech guy, I hate to have to see it that way - but they release technology that they haven't thoroughly developed and it shows way too much. Not saying other manufacturers don't have the same problem either. It's because the consumers these days are too easily wowed by "cool tech" but don't stop to think "will this POS run after it's got 40,000 miles on it?"
                              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                              X