No announcement yet.

New Corvette (C7) being revealed today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’ve received this image of an advance copy of the upcoming Road & Track issue, and guess what? It has an even better view of the 2014 Corvette’s nefarious smile.
    Powertour off/on since 2002
    sigpic

Comment

I dont care for that red one. Whats with the black vents ? And that weird 1/4 window deal there. Id guess Id have to see it in person.

Comment

The red picture looks awefully Asian. I just don't generally like their spotty cars. The silver pics on the other hand, I like.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I'll get excited when an auto manufacturer offers a RWD, V8 car without leather power seats, PS, PB, AC, PW, PDL, anti-lock brakes, traction control and airbags for less than $25K.
          It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

They try to go all high tech, hmmmmm
            And this is what we get.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
              I'll get excited when an auto manufacturer offers a RWD, V8 car without leather power seats, PS, PB, AC, PW, PDL, anti-lock brakes, traction control and airbags for less than $25K.
              When you see that, you'll also get to see Elvis ride by on a Unicorn while chasing Bigfoot.
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                When you see that, you'll also get to see Elvis ride by on a Unicorn while chasing Bigfoot.
                why would elvis chase Remy?
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                  I think I wanna get married by Elvis. Can you arrange the Unicorn? Will bigfoot be my best man?

okay, missing a V8 by probably 7.

I think Ron is describing a truck for the most part. What about a Cobra kit car?
                  Last edited by Beagle; January 13, 2013, 08:09 PM.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

It reminds me of a ten yr old Lotus Elise. I also will never afford one. so its just a curiosity for me. I appreciate the "High Tech" but like DG, I seriously doubt the current state of DI. I have heard the Eco-Tec motors are having a lot of 'teething' issues. I wouldn't want to have to replace the DI injectors if they fail...expensive compared to the intake manifold mounted injectors.
                    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                      Looks are something that never really get me excited.

And normally I'd be excited about high tech shit like "Auto Rev Matching" for shifts. But let's be serious, GM can't get a plastic intake manifold right, would I trust them with F1 type tech? no way in hell.
                      long overdue.
                      as part of evolving with them is grabbing traits and moving on..just like ford and dodge and every other stereotyped company.
                      f1 to gm engine is like boost to a ford.

the big bore short stroke has not screamed in a long time by factory gm.

I am one who heard a 302 chevy in a nova. Bizarre to hear drafted rpms...before I never heard f1, it was the most amazing thing I had ever heard.

I guess to be a fan, I would be defending anyway.

not much said on the engine..but there is some big facts compiled.

2014 Chevrolet Corvette LT1 V-8 Specifications
                      Engine type: 90-degree V-8 with overhead valves; continuous VVT
                      Displacement: 6.2L (376 cubic inches)
                      Bore x Stroke (in / mm): 4.06 x 3.62 / 103.25 x 92
                      Cylinder block: cast aluminum with nodular main caps
                      Main bearing fasteners: six, including two cross-bolts per cap
                      Crankshaft: forged steel
                      Connecting rods: powder metal, 6.125 inches in length
                      Pistons: eutectic aluminum alloy
                      Compression ratio: 11.5:1
                      Cylinder heads: 319-T7 cast aluminum with 59.02cc combustion chambers
                      Valve angles (degrees): 12.5 intake, 12 exhaust
                      Intake valves: 2.13 inches (54mm) hollow
                      Exhaust valves: 1.59 inches (40.4mm) hollow sodium
                      Camshaft: Hydraulic-type with tri-lobe for fuel-pump drive
                      Camshaft lift: 0.551-inch (14mm) intake / 0.524-inch (13.3mm) exhaust
                      Camshaft duration: 200-degrees intake / 207-degrees exhaust (at 0.050-inch)
                      Lobe separation angle: 116.5 degrees
                      Fuel delivery: direct injection
                      Intake manifold: “runners in a box” design; composite construction
                      Throttle: 87mm electronically controlled throttle body
                      Ignition: 58X with individual coil-on-plug and iridium-tip spark plugs
                      Horsepower: 450 hp @ 6000 rpm (estimated)
                      Torque: 450 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm (estimated)
                      Max. engine speed 6,600 rpm (fuel cutoff)

Read more: http://rumors.automobilemag.com/2014...#ixzz2Hv6t2TML
                      Follow us: @AutomobileMag on Twitter | AutomobileMag on Facebook
                      the lt1 stroke is my subarus piston, and my subarus stroke is the length of my pinky.

once upon a time the math for two valve was world wide, all companies mimicked it.
                      the limit was fuel on a compression.

now with vvt, and even bigger valving, crankcase block..

how can "wow" not be a factor. 11.5 to 1 and just pull up to any gas station. All my gms went a step further, I can't sit still with any factory engine...GM v8 ended up my favorites.

to me, this stuff is awesome.
                      Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 13, 2013, 09:22 PM.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                      X