Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Virginia Get-Together

From today's email...

We all have our stereotypes in our mind, think so or not. And West Virginia by reputation is not on top of anyone's "elite" list. Sue Unit and I had the pleasure of meeting one my site's most prolific contributors on the way to Pittsburgh some years ago. A West Virginian, a brilliant lady with one hell of a sense of humor.

She's sent more West Virginia jokes than anybody, and she's sitting right there in it.

This is from her. She said it would be okay to share it with y'all.

Ben, 5, was invited to a birthday party for a classmate. He was very gung ho to go. Since both parents work, the party was in the late afternoon. The child’s mother is administrator for a nursing home in Beckley, not sure what her dad does---has something to do with lumber. It was in an area of the county Denise isn’t familiar with, so I took her and the boys to the party----waaaaaay out in the boonies where the hard road ends (but some of the most spectacular mountain panoramic views worthy of a postcard). It turned out to be the most redneck gatherings you can imagine...all the dads/grandads/male neighbors were passing around one quart of moonshine after another and they were releasing helium balloons and shooting them with a .22, calling it “redneck skeet”. They live in a doublewide and there were 9 dogs and a half dozen cats on the porch. We didn’t stay long LOL. Sure wish I’d had a camera with me. They passed the quart of “apple pie ‘shine” to me and I graciously declined.

This little girl’s dad is having his 32nd birthday party this coming weekend. We were invited with the stipulation “no kids allowed”. I have a feeling there will be party events there I don’t want to see.
    Last edited by pdub; January 13, 2013, 04:24 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Out in the garage, in the bottom of my rollaway is a jar of strawberry shine... aging gracefully.
    It was a little sharp the day I bought it, but after 12 years it might have mellowed some.
    Maybe soon I should go have a sip.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      Out in the garage, in the bottom of my rollaway is a jar of strawberry shine... aging gracefully.
      It was a little sharp the day I bought it, but after 12 years it might have mellowed some.
      Maybe soon I should go have a sip.
      What got me, all of that was going on at a birthday party for a little kid. And there will be another party where no kids are allowed. That just killed me DRT (Dead Right There).

Comment

My mother told me that her father was a tee-totaller.
        And yet, my oldest uncle said the earthenware jug in the middle of the table marked "vinegar" held shine.
        What the kids don't know won't hurt 'em.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

So, ATF - Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms - whoo-HOO! Who's bringing the hot wings? All the more reason to not take the kid to Chucky Cheese for the birthday bash.

Anyhow...

Comment

Working...
          X