70s Custom Van Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70s Custom Van Accessories

Well, I came across a van, SWB 79 Chevy Sport Van, that looks like she never left the showroom floor, dirt cheap.
    And I've been wanting to take the Eagle off the road so I can get all the rust fixed, and have something to drive while I do a bunch of other things, like engine, Trans, and T-case.
    However, as you all know, I can't just drive a 79 Chevy van, it needs to be unique, or at least a little. I'm thinking side pipes, nice set of wheels, CB, and maybe one of those 70s body kits I think I've seen on some

Where would I get such items, is it safe to assume they aren't produced anymore?

Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Though most of the custom vans started out as cargo vans not a passenger van; you could still.get the flavor.

I think Patriot makes side pipes. JC Whitney may still sell fender flares and such. Cragar SS were the wheel of choice for many vans back in the day. Though Western turbines, Ansen Slots, and Keystone Klassics were not uncommon.

Dont forget shag carpet in a shade that is so hideous that if you puked on it no one would notice. Mini fridges are still sold at truck stops. Dont forget den.like wood.paneling inside.surrounding your water bed.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

bouncy short box.
      maybe take it for a ride first..you may not like it.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Prolly rides like a boat on a windy day...
        If not insulated or has full interior... Be like riding in a coffee can with gravel..

You could haul a few friends...

Comment

At least it has Michelin tires - I'm not sure why it appears to sit high in the front - and the wheels aren't very centered in the wheel wells.

Make sure the mechanicals are good first (belts, hoses, brake rubber lines, etc - stuff that rots with age)

Then go from there. The first start would be window tint and stereo upgrades. Maybe some Vinyl graphic tape - always easy to remove if you don't like it after a while.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

that will pull the chicks in LMAO...

Its cool, I would rock the piss out of it...it would be a great camping vehicle.

Check out JC Whitney, they still carry a bunch of cheesey van stuff....

I think the wheels being off center is an optical illusion created by those lame ass rubber fender flares....those tell me it was owned by an older person, probably low miles maybe not well looked after under the hood...you know what to look for....double and triple check everything before you pull the trigger.
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Looks like potential. As mentioned, JC Whitney is a good place to start. And the other advice is excellent.

Dan

Comment

Forget the Van, here you go, local Craigslist - http://chambana.craigslist.org/cto/3543782519.html
                sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Big naked broad on the side would really wake it up. You know you are going to need to grow a big mustache,right? Need a whip antenna too.

Comment

and long hair. not a mullet really, but 70's long hair
                    Charles

Comment

Nice looking van (I'm serious about this part)
                      - needs velour curtains -
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                        Nice looking van (I'm serious about this part)
                        - needs velour curtains -
                        With dingleberries...
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                          With dingleberries...
                          For sure - like in Cheech and Chong..........
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

breaker-breaker.....and a CB to give out 10-20s.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                              breaker-breaker.....and a CB to give out 10-20s.
                              don't forget the Hi-Gain 102" stainless antenna chained to the rear bumper, and the divider wall for the water bed in the back!!
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                              X