Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderbird picture for the heck of it

want.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Me too!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

There is a local guy here in Culver City who bought a '55 T Bird new and instantly shit canned the Y block and drag raced the thing for decades with Pontiac power. He still has it. His daily driver is a '66 Malibu wagon with a Pontiac 400 and 4 spd.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Here's a neat conversion on a 56 coming up for sale at Mecum ... used a 90s era Thunderbird SC engine, the 3.8 V6 with Eaton M90 blower. Great down low torque, that would scoot the 56 along just nicely, about 700 lbs. less than the donour vehicle:

Page Not Found. Here are some quick links to the top Mecum Auctions pages to get you back on track quickly.

cheers
        Ed
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
          There is a local guy here in Culver City who bought a '55 T Bird new and instantly shit canned the Y block and drag raced the thing for decades with Pontiac power. He still has it. His daily driver is a '66 Malibu wagon with a Pontiac 400 and 4 spd.
          Guy in our area gas one with a 409. Raced it for years....today still has it. Hangs out on the 409 Forum.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I'll take one of these, Terminator 4.6 and a Tremec, plz...
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Those look way better when they have proper diameter tires on them ... just sayin'

(the 95 I sold a few years ago)

Comment

True, and I almost used that picture...it popped up on Google Search. But I prefer rims to have an older dished look on them. Either way, I'm amazed there isn't more done with the MN12's.
                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                  Guy in our area gas one with a 409. Raced it for years....today still has it. Hangs out on the 409 Forum.
                  Back in the mid 70's I worked with a guy that had a tarted up 58 Chevy panel truck with a 425 hp 409 and 4 speed. Cool truck.
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

want.
                    Your head is the rollcage. I hope you're hard headed.
                    Powertour off/on since 2002
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post

I see the same today..but when I was a little kid, that car was special.

I like that modern thunderbird done up nice. those did not get far here..like alot of machines.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                        True, and I almost used that picture...it popped up on Google Search. But I prefer rims to have an older dished look on them. Either way, I'm amazed there isn't more done with the MN12's.
                        Give me time, I'm working on it. Gotta get the rust taken care of first.
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                          Here you go, a later shot with the 19x9" and 19x10"American Racing wheels that were on when I sold it:

Last edited by fast Ed; January 15, 2013, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
                            No worries, there are two other safety features instead. One is no seat belts, if the car goes over you are thrown to safety. Which ties into the other which is the sand it's ran on. It gives, a little
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by fast Ed View Post
                              Here you go, a later shot with the 19x9" and 19x10"American Racing wheels that were on when I sold it:

Alright Ed, start coughing up details and pictures!
                              I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                              X