Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite conspiracy hypothesis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting stuff. My "proof" about the moon thing is...could it have been any harder for scientists to work out a moon mission in the sixties then it was for people to build an atomic weapon in the forties? Jeez, they were driving to work in Model A's and figuring out nuclear fission. Oh, we have pretty good proof of that one.

You know, NASA didn't just figure it all out then go. They started by getting stuff in earth orbit, then throwing it toward the moon, then AT the moon, and measuring everything that happened...it was a process to be sure.
    Last edited by Loren; January 15, 2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
        They started by getting stuff in earth orbit, then throwing it toward the moon, then AT the moon,
        I have some 35mm film that is from the first successful "at the moon" project....Ranger. My dad was involved with it. The moon keeps getting closer, then the film ends
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Too cool. The metal-fab company I worked for 10+ years was started by a JPL guy, and did a lot of work for them in the sixties...I used to come across material from those days in the storeroom. Somewhere I have a little JPL book I kept about Ranger.

If we didn't go to the moon, there was sure a lot of money and trouble spent on the "hoax".

Comment

Ohhh, we went to the moon! No doubt about it!
            Why?
            Mom worked for a company in Portland that did some of the circuitry for Gemini, Appollo and the moon lander..

Comment

Got all my favorites covered. My favorite for sure is the Moon landing and then followed up by the 100mpg carb/engine/etc.

I like BlackOutSteve's take on de-bunking the conspiracies. Ok, so someone/group gains by having this stuff hidden away, what about the groups that gain for having the stuff out in the open?

The Moon landing? Soviet Russia then and China now would LOVE to be the first on the Moon, and say we didn't go there. They have all the resources necessary to prove we didn't go there, but yet they agree we have. They have the motivation to prove that one out, but the facts must of of stood up in their investigation of them otherwise someone else would have already gone there or a much more publicly advertised campaign to be the first going on.

The 100mpg carb? The oil companies are hiding it away because it benefits them? Who would gain by that info being released? GM, Ford, Toyota, Honda, etc. would likely pay a kings fortune for the ability to market a car that gets 2-3 times the mpg of the competition. The profit would be astronomical. And certainly after the billions of dollars each company has spent in fuel economy R&D over the last 40+ years some engineer would of stumbled upon the "magic" combination if it was simply in the fuel delivery method.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The two that make me roll my eyes every time are the moon landing and the US government being behind 9/11. The whole Area 51, UFO thing is kind of fun even though it's doubtful we've ever been visited. I know there's life out there somewhere but aliens being able to pick our little blue planet out of the entire milky way galaxy would be like picking the right grain of sand from every beach on earth.
                Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

If there really are aleins out there, why do they keep kidnapping the stupidest people on earth?

Comment

I can't remember the comedians name who said this but it was funny.

"Earth is like the Arkansas of the universe, aliens won't even stop here to take a leak"
                    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I work with a couple of guys that really get into conspiracy stuff. Some of it is hilarious.
                      Favorite conspiracy to laugh at? Lizard people.
                      Favorite one to make me think? Kennedy assassination, there's just a lot of stuff that doesn't add up.
                      One that makes me shake my head every time? The moon landings were faked. I refuse to believe the single greatest achievement of mankind was a hoax unless there is ample evidence to support it. Besides, it would have been easier to go to the moon than pull off a hoax of that magnitude.
                      I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
                        but aliens being able to pick our little blue planet out of the entire milky way galaxy would be like picking the right grain of sand from every beach on earth.
                        Not only in space, but in time. The few thousand years of recorded Earth human history is a really small part of the billions of years the universe has been around, or will be around.
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                          Not only in space, but in time. The few thousand years of recorded Earth human history is a really small part of the billions of years the universe has been around, or will be around.
                          Excellent point. As a geologist my sense of time scale is a bit warped. I often talk about rocks that are 40 to 350 million years old. Even then, the Earth has rocks sitting on it in the neighborhood of 4.5 Billion years old. Then in the last couple months I've been on a human civilization kick and the time frame is substantially smaller than I used too. 70,000 years ago there may of been fewer than 5,000 people on Earth. Big cities didn't really develop until around 5,000 years ago. Electricity was commonly harnessed less than 150 years ago, nuclear fission, flights to the moon, microprocessors all after that. A mere three generations of people for the bulk of the technology we'd feel helpless without. A literal blink in time! When is a very good point!

That and I agree, if alien's capable of crossing galaxies in a short period of time would probably think us too stupid to talk to even if they happen to notice us now (versus a few hundred or thousand years ago).
                          Last edited by TheSilverBuick; January 15, 2013, 01:33 PM.

Comment

I think a live hotrod internet show based on the Wayne's World movie is one kind of conspiracy, but it's a mighty good one and may just go viral.
                            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Tucker was crushed by the "Big 3" because his car was so revolutionary it was going to make them all look bad.

OR he was one of hundreds of other people over the last 100 years that started a car company and then folded up shortly after production began (which is farther along than most made it)
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

^^^ Good one!

Comment

Working...
                                X