Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite conspiracy hypothesis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite conspiracy hypothesis?

My favorite one is chemtrails, the whole thing is utterly laughable. Its hilarious to me because I worked with cargo planes, and also I understand how a contrail is formed.

Please dont get political, but lets hear what you think is ludicrous and what is plausible.

Or, if this is too inflammatory, Dad or Chad can delete it.

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
    My favorite one is chemtrails, the whole thing is utterly laughable. Its hilarious to me because I worked with cargo planes, and also I understand how a contrail is formed.

Please dont get political, but lets hear what you think is ludicrous and what is plausible.

Or, if this is too inflammatory, Dad or Chad can delete it.
    I remember finding that on youtube. some random video.

weird stuff. I wonder what brains come up with it.
    I used to watch those from the boom pod, screaming a whistling leak in more than one spot at 500 mph in an old kc135e.

my own take on conspiracy hypothesis ends up being true. I won't bother speaking.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Not neccessarily my favorite, but the Kennedy assassination.......Warren Report was wrong, IMHO.
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

The Warren report. Total crap IMO.

"The Silent War" by John Craven, lots of interesting and scary true stuff during the cold war!
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I work with a fella that is convinced the government pumps positive and negative energy into the atmosphere to help them achieve their goals which is reducing the world's population to a few million, and creating a one-world government and currency.

He also believes that Katrina was steered by the government because "they" wanted to get rid of a bunch of poor people.

And then there are the people that think "they" use aborted babies to make immunization shots, and that those shots cause autism.

Where do these people come up with this stuff?
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Area 51
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

It's really cold here in AZ this morning. The weather has been all screwed up since the fall of the Soviet empire, who used to control it for us.
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Moon Landing
                Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Bangshift. This is all made up by DF. Brian and Chad are really just two of David's several multiple personalities. I'm only on here because David is controlling my mind. We are not allowed to have aluminum foil in the house.

Dan

Comment

Cubas protests about Project StormFury...Castro believed the seeding project was a way of turning hurricanes into weapons.

I also REALLY like the moon landing conspiracy...There are some itneresting points brought up in the argument.
                    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I've wanted to start a conspiracy theory that 80% of conspiracy theories out there have actually been started by The Conspiracy to distract everyone from what they're really doing.

The conspiracy theories that annoy me the most are ones about "suppressed knowledge" about how to make a 100 mpg car - mostly because I've often had to deal with someone who's bought something claimed to be based on it, bought a MegaSquirt, and is asking ME for help getting his "suppressed knowledge" device to actually deliver on its claims. Needless to say, I never get anywhere with them, and I suspect some of these guys have gone on to grenade their engines. Sometimes this can be frustrating enough I'd like to track down the conspiracy that's hiding the technology, so I can join it and help them suppress the idea further.
                      Last edited by Matt Cramer; January 15, 2013, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                        I also REALLY like the moon landing conspiracy...There are some itneresting points brought up in the argument.
                        Too bad the guys that went there are dying off.....they'd set you straight
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                          Ha, not saying I believe it...just saying there are some interesting points.
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Yeah, the 100 mpg car that the evil oil companies have suppressed...I have actually heard that from some pretty intense believers. Guys who were otherwise reasonable.

On another subject...I bought a book in the early-'80s that described subliminal, manipulative advertising techniques, such as having hidden patterns within pictures that spelled out "sex", etc. There was virtually no area of media where the author didn't find such ridiculous-sounding deviousness.

But...Then I did my own test. I brought home a copy of some mainstream magazine, I think it was Vanity Fair...then relaxxxxed as was recommended in the book...let my eyes wander in and out of focus...and after a while, sure enough, in particular ads there were little patterns all over the place that spelled out "sex". They weren't where I was looking for them, and they didn't say anything else. The "S" and "E" and "X" are shapes that fit in with photographs, especially grainy ones, pretty well, and there were far too many of them (and too obvious once you knew where to look) to be an accident. There were also images hidden in pictures, most commonly within glasses of ice in booze ads. It was pretty interesting.

So, the lesson was that (at least in that case) it was true. Really, advertisers spend a lot of money for those pages and are going to do whatever they can to make an impression.

Then there was a chapter about "backward-masking" in records, which we all find to be an absurd idea, right? I mean, that's what the artists and record companies say, that it's absurd and if it ever happens it's a coincidence. I sat down and actually played "Stairway to Heaven" backwards carefully and at various speeds and, there it was...for all the fuss about such a thing one way or the other, there it was. Some weird stuff.

So, the next step from the Stairway to Heaven thing would have been to get into some Aleister Crowley writings and try to connect it all up, but I let my little research project off there. The thing was, with either print or records you had "fanatics" on one side making accusations and corporate p.r. machines on the other passing it off as absurd, and there in the middle was the actual viewable, listenable reality. In any event It's best to make your own decisions and not let the guys on either side do it for you first.

---------------------------

Now I did have an uncle who I loved but was a total nut-case paranoid and spent 80% of his energy fussing over the conspiricy he found in every aspect of life...that and how awful the world was and how it was all going to end. As it happens, HE ended before the world did so it was all for naught. I felt kinda bad for him that he died before 9/11, he would have had a real good time with that one.

Hope I've kept the spirit of the thread here and am not just opening the door for, uh, "issues" that we try to keep off the board.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                              I had a professor in college who is a pretty well known researcher (David Cameron). He told all his classes, straight up, there is NO WAY we went to the moon during the apollo missions. His argument was that there was nowhere near the computer technology available to tell us what direction to point the thing in. I think he's nuts, NASA astronauts did and still occasionally do use a Sextant to track their positions but it was interesting because the guy is a well known researcher, and I think even a NASA employee at one point?

Anyhow, I enjoy reading about consipracy theories, and you have to admit that the Warren report has been debunked in many ways, so there may be something to that one.
                              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                              X