Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite conspiracy hypothesis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
    I think there is a conspiracy that an unladden swallow flys 24mph.
    Based upon published species-wide averages of wing length and body mass, initial Strouhal estimates based on those averages and cross-species comparisons, the Lund wind tunnel study of birds flying at a range of speeds, and revised Strouhal numbers based on that study gives an estimate that the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles per hour.

Please note that a 5 ounce bird cannot carry a one pound coconut.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
      Based upon published species-wide averages of wing length and body mass, initial Strouhal estimates based on those averages and cross-species comparisons, the Lund wind tunnel study of birds flying at a range of speeds, and revised Strouhal numbers based on that study gives an estimate that the average cruising airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles per hour.

Please note that a 5 ounce bird cannot carry a one pound coconut.
      Unless it is traveling in the same vector as is the local gravity field..... with duct tape anything is possible .....
      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
        with duct tape anything is possible .....
        Now THERE'S a quoteable quote!

Dan

Comment

The water flouridation conspiracy. Definitely my favorite.
          Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
            Unless it is traveling in the same vector as is the local gravity field..... with duct tape anything is possible .....
            Just watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail. They should be able to tell you about the air speeds of swallows :D

Another favorite consipracy theory of mine is/was the Mayan Apocolypse. What it stands for, what it means, etc....

Comment

Well sure, maybe a european swallow
              Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
                Moon Landing
                Just to clear things up....I do not subscribe to the MoonLanding conspiracy theory, or to most unless they involve banks or goverment social engineering

Comment

Well sure, maybe a european swallow
                  Well actually, a European swallow will fly at 38.6 KPH....
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

[QUOTE=Leadsledcaprice;720637]Just watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail. They should be able to tell you about the air speeds of swallows :D

QUOTE]

Yes, but not the true science of it. That was why I provided the link in my previous post - to provide this further clarification as the unladden air speed of either an african or european swallow is no trival science project. and the line about the swallow traveling in the same direction as the local gravity field is simply a joke about duct taping a coconut to a swallow and dropping it off a roof or somewhat...... Just kidding PETA....... just kidding please don't turn me in... i actually like North american barn swallows. European's...not so much...............
                    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

It was easier to go to the moon in 1969 than it was to fake it. Film and photography werent advanced enough to fake it like they can now.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                      Last edited by Thumpin455; January 18, 2013, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                        It was easier to go to the moon in 1969 than it was to fake it. Film and photography werent advanced enough to fake it like they can now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...=sGXTF6bs1IU#!
                        The best reasoning I have ever read on the faking the moon landing..
                        Mom would get pissed when people talked about it being faked! As her parts went there and back!

Comment

ok... ummmmmm....... that was remarkably good. yep, real good. especially that part about the Patriot act.

Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

ok....has anyone got the 38.6KPH thing yet??

Comment

ok....has anyone got the 38.6KPH thing yet??
                              I'm assuming it =24mph, but I didn't feel like doing the conversion, it seemed close enough that it could be right. And it's European, and Europeans use metric.
                              Last edited by moparmaniac07; January 18, 2013, 05:55 PM.

Comment

I'm staying out of this but here's the kind of conspiracies I'm into.....

Watch Peter Joseph's new movie (2020) https://www.interreflectionsmovie.com/LIKE Peter Joseph @ https://www.facebook.com/peterjosephofficial FOLLOW Peter Jos...

Comment

Working...
                                X