No announcement yet.

So my work cell phone wen into the....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my work cell phone wen into the....

Yup, slipped out of my sweat shirt, bounced on the floor and slid into...well you know what. My own personal cell phone is dead as well. I haven't exactly been in a rush to replace it since I don't need two smart phones. My phone cost $10 a month and can't see paying another $30 on top of that. It's weird not having any cell phones, so piecefull
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

Yup, slipped out of my sweat shirt, bounced on the floor and slid into...

icy slush puddle with salt in it?

an 87 subarus parking spot..the end. no pieces to pick up, its disintegrated.

dog poop.

?
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I hear that. I leave my cell phones locked in my pickup all the time when I go out for dinner, family events, etc. Less distraction, don't have to worry about facebook, or whatever. I have a company phone I usually leave in the semi, but take home on weekends to charge.

Comment

I've never understood why smart phones were so smart anyhow, when they don't know to get out of the street when you drop them there.

I don't want a piece of plastic that's smarter than me. That alone is insulting. I've got enough to worry about.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
          I've never understood why smart phones were so smart anyhow, when they don't know to get out of the street when you drop them there.

I don't want a piece of plastic that's smarter than me. That alone is insulting. I've got enough to worry about.
          No wonder you are always so lost!
          Nothing to tell you what to do nor where to go or how to get there...

Comment

I'm with Peewee on this one. I tried a Blackberry for the trip to CA and hated it. Went back to US Cellular and got a dumb phone. It makes and answers telephone calls - radical idea.

Dan

Comment

Love my smart phone. Most of my time here is on my phone. It's gotten to the point that I touch the screen on the home computer to do something, then nothing happens. Ehh oh well!
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I recently switched from a blackberry to a samsung rugby on the android platform - I'm NOT thrilled with this phone or this platform.... the transition has been painful.

I have physically removed my wife's phone from her hands - shut it off, and placed it out of her reach so we could have an uninterupted conversation.

I've heard of folks putting phones in the middle of the dinner table when out to eat - first one to grab the phone pays the bill - thats' BRILLIANT.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

There is this thing called "common courtsey" that seems to be lacking with these smart phones...
                  I leave mine alone when chatting with folks.. It throws folks off when it "rings" as it is a duck.. Helps when I use the timer for turns with the grandbabies, like playing at McD's playground.. 10 min then it quacks..time to go..

Comment

I had one of the samsung contractor phones for years .... it was super durable. I fought the smartphone idea tooth and nail. My kids went to verizon and upgraded me to an iphone, and I have to say, i'm starting to like it. No more manually inputting my appts/etc.

All of our office equipment is slowing to go to Mac based .... my assistant automatically updates my calendar/contacts/etc on a daily basis via the internet .... it's kinda nice. I actually see a savings in time and frustration with the iphone. I don't like the fact that anyone can easily track my location and such with it, but oh well ....
                    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

^^ turn off your "location" app..
                      But know this if you do.. And need help.. Like being pinned when your jackstands fall over, nobody can find you..

Comment

The whole GPS thing is a bit freaky - a bit big brother ish.

Generally I have mine turned off - but - you're right - if you need help and it's off.... you're in the same position you were before such technology existed.....
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

It really cracks me up when folks get all paranoid about the "smart" phones tracking your location. Even with the GPS turned off they are usually pretty good about narrowing down your location to within 100-300 feet without the GPS, just based on your phone signal to the towers. Guess what? The dumb phones can be tracked the same. If you don't like the technology, don't use it, it's not rocket science.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The smart phones are nice to be able to look up tool box part numbers (or otherwise) while at local auctions. What was being passed off as a SnapOn box was actually el-cheapo with snap on emblem.
                            Robert

Instagram @ mccartney_paint_and_custom

MP&C Youtube Channel

Comment

Can't count the times I've used it to look up the part number of what I wanted while standing in line at the parts store or when the yokel behind the counter couldn't find what I wanted.
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X