So my work cell phone wen into the....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
    The first mention of texting in my awareness was on "Sue Thomas, F.B.Eye". For those not in the know, she was a deaf F.B.I. agent and was sorta based on a real person. Deanne Bray was the actress and she really is deaf. Anyhow, she had a Blackberry and that's how the office communicated with her.

IF I was deaf I'd probably learn how. I'm not so I don't. But I'm glad it's there for Bob.

Dan
    Thanks for your kind thought...
    Here's mine for you: Don't you think it would be good to know how to text before old age onset hearing loss sets in?
    And being too old to learn how?
    Merely food for thought from the goodness of my heart..

Comment

My Samsung Galaxy SIII is a lifeline for our business....the wife and I have actually had vacations because of our smart phones.....we can leave and still conduct all of our business on the road....the navigation is awesome and the gas buddy app makes fueling on the way to distant races a breeze.....I hate to admit it....but if it broke right now id be beating a path to Verizon for another one.
      The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Maybe I just got the wrong samsung..... hmmmmm - this rugby is already slowing way down and I've only had it a month or two.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
          Maybe I just got the wrong samsung..... hmmmmm - this rugby is already slowing way down and I've only had it a month or two.
          The Galaxy SIII is a great phone....biggest plus is removable batteryfor hard reboots and battery swaps if using a lot.....mines still as fast as day one.....Verizon gave it to me day of release (been a 20year loyal customer)

Comment

Damn, got me beat. I've only been a customer since 1998. Still have the same phone number!
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
              Damn, got me beat. I've only been a customer since 1998. Still have the same phone number!
              I started with Contel Cellular....that became GTE wireless.....then Verizon....had to change numbers when area code split...

Comment

Verizon Wireless from day one, and I'm still rock'in the 909 area code. Managed to clear the 951 split and living in Nevada for 7.5 years
                Last edited by TheSilverBuick; January 17, 2013, 12:02 PM.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                  Verizon Wireless from day one, and I'm still rock'in the 909 area code. Managed to clear the 951 split and living in Nevada for 7.5 years
                  Had a cell phone since the days of Airtouch Cellular....was 2.25 a minute in 1988....took 8 hours to charge for 15 minutes of talk time....15 watt output....looked like a giant handheld camping lantern....boy was I cool....then came the motorola bag phone with flip up antenna.....woooo......ahhhhh......best phone I ever owned.
                  Last edited by Chassisman; January 17, 2013, 12:17 PM.

Comment

I'm off to see if I can trade my rugby for a galaxy S3 - thanks Chassisman - I also sent a note to the tech guys at alston.... you're full of useful information today! LOL

Comment

Youngest daughter dropeed her I-phone in the sink yesterday while doing the dishes! She says it was only in there a second and it still seems to work but it is not bright enough to see very good...she gets on the internet and someone says to put it in a bag of uncooked rice and leave it in a dry area of the house for a couple days, we'll see if that works.

I have a blackberry from work and if they took it away tomorrow I would be very pleased.
                      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

I can hear again! I went Tuesday night to my local Verizon store, I got a great deal on a Razor M. Regularly $150, guy gave it to me for $100. We have the family plan as well, instead of the $10 it was costing for my old one, is $20. Today my boss calls me to the office, my new phone is in. Tells me "don't drop it in the urinal", LOL. turns out I was due for a new one. So now I have a Razor for work.

Milner, I know exactly what you're saying. I went from a Blackberry at work to my first Droid. Was I lost for a couple days. I ended up loosing that one at work before I was due for a new one, so my boss gave me another Blackberry from some one who was let go. After the Droid, I fealt like a idiot trying to use the Blackberry. I hated the Blackberrys.

I dried out one of my old phones by opening it up and placing it on the funace for a couple of days, worked fine after that. My old work phone was shot anyway. It had a sliding screen that exposed the keyboard. The screen was flickering all the time. I was hoping it would last untill I was due for a new one.
                        Last edited by Huskinhano; January 17, 2013, 04:27 PM.
                        Tom
                        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

^^^^ the rice thing WORKS! my nephew had an iphone for only a few days before a practical joker buddy of his had him sit on a sopping wet couch with the phone in his back pocket -- after he beat the poor kid senseless - he put the iphone in a bag of rice wrapped up tight for a couple days - it's working fine.

You can never return a phone that's gotten wet as the "wet strip" gives you away - but - the derned phone just keeps on working - even with the original battery.
                          Had the opposite experience with my Rugby. After a college night of "beer slides" with phone in pocket (it's supposed to be water proof right?) I only got a white screen. Nothing more than being in your pocket when it's raining (which is what I told my parents happened). After taking it apart and putting it in rice, still nothing. I did find a pinched gasket that probably let the moisture get in. Luckily there was a month of warranty left, and the only white sticker I could find was still white. First they sent me a battery, and when that didn't work (obviously), they sent me a refurb. Unfortunately, there are some minor things that don't work correctly, but it beats having to paw for a new one. It works awesome as a phone, calls, texts, even great pictures and good sound when playing music. Haven't seen any slowdown at all. I don't use the "smart" features on it though, like GPS and internet. I'm not paying for that.

I'm a flip phone guy. After my Rugby, I may go with the Motorola Tundra (if they're still making them, never had a problem with my free Motorola), or some other flip phone. Even if I have to get the jitterbug, I'll keep my flip phones.

Comment

damit man -I'm about ready to just go apple... do I drink the koolaid???

Comment

damit man -I'm about ready to just go apple... do I drink the koolaid???
                              DO IT... I did! iPhone 4 and iPad...

Comment

I have the Samsung Infuse. It's the predicessor to the Galaxies and bigger. I have had the same number since moving to LA in '99. I use a ton. I am on here half the time on my phone while sitting around waiting at work. Absolutely love the GOogle GPS in it. Works 1000x's better than AT&T's that is $10/month. It shows traffic patterns even on surface streets. In LA it's a god send with my job.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X