Re: Muscle Trucks?

This is going to be my muscle truck.

Ryan
      Ryan's Cars in Barns Blog
      www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com

Comment

Nice ride duner.

we have our fair share of drag trucks (mostly dodges) down here in socal. i too own a 97 v8 dakota, almost 200,000 miles and still pures like a kitten.

Comment

I think my junk would qualify as a muscle truck. I transplanted a 440 and torqueflite into it back in 1990. Drove it thousands and thousands of miles on the street with countless 1/4 mile dragstrip passes. It's best time with the lowbuck 440 was 1.595-60ft, 7.621-1/8, [email protected]/4.
          It's been equiped for almost a year now with the 528 Hemi in the picture. I just changed carbs on Sunday on the tunnel ram. It now sports a pair of modified 850 thermoquads. Still need to finish refabricating the throttle linkage and then get some LM-1 readings and start tuning them.
          Oh ya, it's scary quick with the 528, and I still don't know how high this thing will rev. I've been shifting it at 7000 and it still hasn't hit it's power peak. I'm hoping to have all the upgrades done this winter so I can get a few timeslips next summer. Dave

Comment

Lots of great memories of this one. We like to think this one influenced a lot of other fast trucks out there. Certainly Kyle's videos made this one legendary.

Best ET: 10.08 at Gateway Int'l during Drag Week 2005.
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

This my son's 82 S10. runs 8's in the 8th. Mild 350, th350, pwer trax with 3.73 gears. Muscle trucks are cool. easy to work on and easy to find.

Comment

D.F................
                Oh hell yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Just parked my 84 Silverado for a frame off......... already slammed........corners like a vette.......
                The plan is a tunnelram 454--4or5 speed........ new rims......... narrowed 9-inch......
                total suspension rebuild.........fresh black paint........... flames.............fresh chrome...
                Hey, i am still "geeked-out" on the Disco Nova...........wanna trade?????????????

Comment

I have too many projects in my head to even list, but rest assured I will have a cool "Muscle Truck" before too long. You gotta love something you can haul your buddies car to the track with and then race it as well. S10's rule for v8 swaps, but are hard to do here in California. Smog laws suck. Oh well. I'll figure a way.

"A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

quickd100, that is the ultimate muscletruck!!

How about G-body truck? The "spork" of the automotive world! Back in '96 I dropped a 500 Caddy into an ElCamino. It went a best of 13.18 in the quarter, cruises all day long with the AC blowing and get 16+ mpg. I put about 50,000 on it over a 3 year period. Made 49 passes at the strip in one day at SlipperyRock.
                    My picture albumn of it is here: http://public.fotki.com/HemiJoel/elcamino/

Comment

Truck's are cool i have 2 in my fleet

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel
                        The "spork" of the automotive world!
                        LOL

Comment

Ultimate muscle truck in my book

Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockRanger
                            Ultimate muscle truck in my book

That thing rules. Tried to get him to PGD last year.

Comment

1971 C10 Black short bed big block. mmmmmmmmm......

particularly the one from the movie DAZED AND CONFUSED the best movie of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by miketblsr
                                1971 C10 Black short bed big block. mmmmmmmmm......

particularly the one from the movie DAZED AND CONFUSED the best movie of all time.
                                I love that movie too. Even though it takes place ten years before I was in high school; it was just like a typical weekend for me and my friends.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X