Muscle Trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Muscle Trucks?

I love muscle trucks!!!!!!!!!! If I ever get money I will buy one. Preferably a last generation Dakota, or a last gen or current Chevy small pickup. I feel only a few full size pickups can pull off the muscle truck look. That includes F-150, last gen Chevy pickup and the new Dodge Ram. Oh and ANY truck older than 79!!!!

Comment

I think my screen name says it all for me & trucks. Just wish I had something besides my under powered 4 banger S-10 daily driver. Hey DF, why dont you ship me one of those "spare" Fords you got collecting dust? ;D Hopefully, once the Granada is sold I can find a decent truck.
      Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Any muscle is fine with me. I have a "factory" muscle truck that I really like.

Comment

Here's the truck I'm building for my wife, its a '71 GMC. And will be lowered about 3 inches in the front and somewhere between 4 and 6 inches in the rear to get the right stance. It already is sporting a 12 bolt posi with 373 gears. I had the trany rebuilt with some upgrades and a 2500 stall. And the engine is going to be a 10.5:1 .030 over 454. I have a thread in the projects section if you want to check it out.

And yes it is tubbed.

Comment

Ive got 2 S10s one w/bb chevy and one w/sb chevy. The thought of putting a sb chevy in one and kicking all those 5.0 stangs asses in the early 90s is where it all started. Then like everything its gotten out of hand. Always remember its cheaper to buy one done ;) ;). Ive have one to many ;D Check your HOT ROD mags.

Comment

How about G-body truck? The "spork" of the automotive world! Back in '96 I dropped a 500 Caddy into an ElCamino. It went a best of 13.18 in the quarter, cruises all day long with the AC blowing and get 16+ mpg. I put about 50,000 on it over a 3 year period. Made 49 passes at the strip in one day at SlipperyRock.
              My picture albumn of it is here: http://public.fotki.com/HemiJoel/elcamino/

[/quote]
              I've seen Joel's truck in person, it's definately one nice 'Q' Ship. You'd never guess by looking whats under the hood. 2 Thumbs Up Joel!! Dave

Comment

72 C-10 here. I say why not? "real" muscle cars are so overpriced anymore its not even worth it. Especially if your going to beat the heck out of it, who wants to spend 30K on somthing, than make it a racer, than beat the heck out of it....not me

Comment

I built my '96 Ram to be a Lightning Slayer!

Not quite there yet, but so far it has a MPFI 408 stroker good for about 475 crank HP; I got a couple of 13.7 runs with it as is on street tires; Im hoping 12s are on the horizon once I build a 518 trans and Sure Grip rear and tune it some more.

the engine just before I set it in the truck:

Comment

I had a 93 lightning, miss it very much!!

Comment

My work in progress.....
                      1979 Dodge SWB step side
                      Rear axle moved forward 5+ inches
                      Fenders to match
                      35 gal Ramcharger tank behind axle
                      500 stroker motor
                      4 speed
                      Lowered approx 4 inches f&r

Comment

I have been running kinda sorta a s10 at maxton.Found it at a swap meet.Been running junk motors.Just sbc/350 with 3.42/3.08 gears.It aint fast but good training wheels and its fun

Comment

My Baby....Has run a best of 13.8 with a 150 shot of happy gas....!!!!!! Pulled 425hp to the rear wheels on the chassis dyno....!!!!!!

Rickster

Comment

my daily driver is a '00 silverado, reg cab shortbed 2wd. 5.3 vortec w/ just about every "bolt on" along with longtube headers, Comp 220/224 cam and 918 springs, custom computer, 100 hp of nitrous.
                            2800 stall in the 4L60E that has exploded the rear planetaries not once, but twice! yes it needs a 4L80E but that's gonna have to wait.
                            3.42 gear posi.

good friend of mine bought a brand new '99 Z28, that was my first LS1 experience. we did the basic upgrades to it and needless to say, i was impressed. then i got this truck and started playing w/ it. i've probably had more races w/ the truck in the past few years than i've had w/ the 'cuda! CHIP

Comment

Originally posted by Freiburger
                              Originally posted by BigBlockRanger
                              Ultimate muscle truck in my book

That thing rules. Tried to get him to PGD last year.
                              I tried real hard to make it last year but everything just kept falling apart. I guess I'm paying for the last 4 years it did not give me any trouble :-\

Comment

Perhaps you should try again. Maybe they'll invite you back.

I'd appreciate it if you'd post more photos and info over in the Project Car section...or wherever you want. Would like to know more dirt on the truck.

And thanks for signing up!

Comment

Working...
                                X