Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Casting a new automotive tv show that may interest some here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casting a new automotive tv show that may interest some here...

Hi, my name is Greg Feltes. I’m a Casting Associate at Firecracker Films, a television production company in Santa Monica, California. We are currently producing a new show that we think will be of great interest to you all.

We are looking for five or six people with great stories who want to find their beloved long lost car. It would be even better if it's a guy who wants to surprise his father by finding his old car, or a woman who wants to surprise her husband. We’ve already found some incredible stories and I think this is a great opportunity to do something unforgettable. And if you are the one looking, that's still great. Please do contact us.

This is the blurb:

“Firecracker Films is now casting a new documentary series called “Restoration Reunion,” a really cool new show that reunites people with their long lost cars. Are you looking for your old ride or do you have a friend, partner, or parent who you would like to surprise by locating their beloved car? You know the one you took to the drive-in filled with all your friends…or you paraded the love of your life in…or the one you religiously washed and waxed every weekend while the neighborhood kids watched. We’d love to hear your story.

Interested or know somebody who may be interested? Please send an email ASAP to [email protected] with a brief explanation of the car, its story, and why it is worthy of being tracked down, as well as any photos or additional information such as a VIN, license plate number, and identifiable quirks or features.”

If you have any questions for me or even any ideas on how to best find people for the show, please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide or to anybody who ends up expressing interest.

Greg Feltes
    Casting Associate
    Firecracker Films
    Santa Monica, CA
    310-309-3947
    Last edited by restorationreunion; January 17, 2013, 11:59 AM. Reason: Posted while typing

Interesting idea. Sadly, I'm the one that's looking...either of my HS rides, the '87 Monte Carlo SS or the '78 LeBaron coupe...
    Last edited by BangShift McT; January 17, 2013, 11:35 AM.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Brian, we should nominate that for Freiburger with the Red Ball Javelin.

Lol, its probably in LOTSA pieces now though.
      Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

I can only think of 2 cars.... my dads 1966 Nova SS (he whacked it on a bridge Im sure its long gone) and the GF's dads 91 GT... only car he ever bought new.
        Local person
        sigpic

Comment

I sent him an email.....I've posted it on here....still trying to find mine/dads 65 Dodge Coronet we raced in early 90's....
          The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Interesting concept for a show..........not sure if trying to find
            my dads '65 Rambler station wagon would move ratings.
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I sent an email as well regarding my dad and his friend who used to drag at Lions in the late 50s/early 60s. However, it'd be whining to post the story so we'll just leave it at that
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                Interesting concept for a show..........not sure if trying to find
                my dads '65 Rambler station wagon would move ratings.
                How could you be the issue of a guy who had a Rambler? taste must have skipped a generation and landed on you
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'd love to hear from any and all, no matter what the car or situation is. We are looking to tell all kinds of stories. Remy, if you are the one that's looking, that's completely okay as well. Please email me at [email protected]

Comment

seems a great story can come from this.

wholesome clean true story.

in my locale, if i find my old car.. the flat black one. it would still be the same in poverty. maybe some kid went googly eyed over a steel frequency that is not like the others.

doors skins flapping in the breeze, door/fender gaps a bit wider than they should, a rear end sitting back like old school nascar...strangely stretched and down low.
                    ...and silence of the 165 mph run on I-95 never told.

maybe stephen king could attempt a maine car movie.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Dad's 32 chevy roadster - his first car - I'd love to find it - but I'm not sure it would be more than a novelty to him.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I have a friend looking for his 36 Ford from HS. I'll pass the info along. He says its still CT at least he feels it is,but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by restorationreunion View Post
                          I'd love to hear from any and all, no matter what the car or situation is. We are looking to tell all kinds of stories. Remy, if you are the one that's looking, that's completely okay as well. Please email me at [email protected]
                          LOL, around here, we don't really need to 'find' our long-lost cars....

We know right where they are.

Out in the back behind the barn, rusting.
                          Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Sounds like it would be fun watching. I loved the whole deal with the Papa Johns guy was looking for and found his. Would like to see the average guy version though.
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

My dad would probably like his 67 GTO back. It was a signet gold hard top w/400/TH400, 4.11 posi, black vinyl top, hood tach, & poncho mags. He still has the oem center caps. He sold it when I was a kid in 78/79.

Comment

Working...
                              X