No announcement yet.

Lawyers.... ugh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paranoid? - think someone is involving you in a conspiritorial act? Nah... get a therapist.

The FBI calls it a “sensitive investigative technique” that it wants to keep secret. But newly released documents that shed light on the bureau’s use...
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

In some cases - professional lawyers can help way better than therapists, hah. And well, when I had some serious jural issues in the court, I had no choice but to ask guys from here ( site: https://federal-lawyer.com/florida/ ) not help me. Because they have way better experience with resolving cases in the courts.
      Last edited by alan15NP; September 23, 2021, 04:56 AM.

Comment

I have two lawyer stories....

One: I was suing a former employer for firing me unjustly and four days before the court case the lawyer absconded to the Caribbean with one of his secretaries. The judge took pity on me and decided in my favor, plus extra for losing my retainer to the shyster lawyer.

Two: This happened decades ago... I volunteered to talk to a lawyer about forming a charitable organization of professional luthiers (which eventually became the Association of Stringed Instrument Artisans - I was a charter member). He was nice enough to loan me a book on the laws pertaining to 501C3 charities. When I returned it I mentioned that it seemed "the law" was written to be as obscure and hard to pin down as possible instead of being straightforward, cut and dry - so there was no doubt about what it means. He smiled and told me a secret, "Lawyers write laws to be as interpretable as possible". To which I replied, "Which insures that you bastards will always have jobs, right?" His smile widened. "And that's why people hate lawyers?" A small laugh. I concluded out loud. "Shakespeare was right, I guess". "That will be $100, please. Pay my secretary on the way out".
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	242043843_10159301329875560_3860783911446522519_n.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1306505
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
          X