Lawyers.... ugh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyers.... ugh.

When one of them screws up, ignores the problem, or just takes your money and does nothing you asked them to do, there is nothing you can do to them. You cant sue them because they stick together and to get your $5k back it will cost you $15k-$20k paid to yet another lawyer that will drag it out just to get more money from you.

To anyone else its larceny or outright theft, to them its business as usual. The events of the last year and a half have put a fine focus on the joke:

Q: What do you call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?
    A: A good start.

No offense to the car nuts on here who practice law, I know you wouldnt take 18 months to write a two paragraph rough draft that needed to be done 16 months ago.

Report them to the state bar association.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

It's cliche, but 97% of them give the other 3% a real bad reputation.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
        Report them to the state bar association.
        In the state where I have the useless lawyer, the complaints go to the Supreme Court, and its already on its way.

Imagine running an automotive repair shop. You get $5k in advance, and let the car sit for two years, and almost all the money is spent on things the car doesnt need. Its ok for a lawyer to do that, but not ok for anyone else.

Comment

I'm sure the cliche I quoted above is a bit high, 97-3, statistically, not based on my own experience.

In all, I've only ever had to deal with and pay three lawyers - two divorces and a real estate civil suit. One of the divorce lawyers (hired by my ex-to-be) was remarkably human. We agreed to use the same lawyer instead of fight. Just draw up the papers.

I can honestly say only two out of the three lawyers I've ever paid were crotch groveling baby raping money sucking social deviates who were only concerned about the condition of their Rolex. Only two out of three, so the 97 and 3 cliche is unreasonably high, based on my own database.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
            In the state where I have the useless lawyer, the complaints go to the Supreme Court, and its already on its way.
            And therein lies part of the problem .... the judges on the supreme court were lawyer once .......
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

What's the difference between a lawyer and a mosquito? One is a blood sucking parasite, the other a bug.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I only know three lawyers, and they all walked in to a bar.........
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

A lawyer walks into a bar w/ a poodle under one arm, and a sausage under the other ....

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                    And therein lies part of the problem .... the judges on the supreme court were lawyer once .......
                    Quite true, but what they dont want is a media shitstorm about incompetent attorneys screwing over crippled war veterans. it could go either way, and hey, there is always the local news as a last resort.... and of course then defending myself against her ensuing suit.

Comment

I really haven't thought about the lawyer thing in a whole lot of years, thanks to good luck and maybe good behavior (read- I haven't been caught).

But this thread stirred it all up, from 30 years ago. The civil suit lawyer.....my first wife and I bought a brand new crackerbox house that was built partially on somebody else's property. the developer built 4 houses that were all overlapping property lines that happened to include the right-of-way-for a future city street.

That case dragged on for years, and of course it was settled out of court by the sleezebag developer (and HIS lawyer) on the day the thing was going to trial. Can you spell "stress?"

All of us who bought the different houses had to sue together, and all of the bills we got from the lawyer looked the same.

12 minutes for a phone call. This cat billed for just thinking about the case. 6 minutes of professional consultation, dated and time stamped at 6:12 in the morning. So, he was masturbating in the shower thinking about how much money he would get from us and put that on the bill, itemized. The bill was 9 pages long.
                      Last edited by pdub; January 17, 2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                        So, he was masturbating in the shower thinking about how much money he would get from us and put that on the bill, itemized. The bill was 9 pages long.
                        That would be one heck of a punch line !

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                          That would be one heck of a punch line !
                          If I only still had that bill, I'd scan it and post it right here. It was just disgusting.

Hence, my dis-love for lawyers. I know they aren't all evil. Well, maybe they can be, and then go on to be judges and politicians. After all, that whole line of work is based upon job experience, as is everything else.
                          Last edited by pdub; January 17, 2013, 04:29 PM.

Comment

I hired a lawyer when I got divorced. She was highly reccomended. She took $1650.00 of my money and two days later moved her practice to St. Petersberg Fl. I never heard from her again, even after two yrs of constant letter writing and calling to all parties that i felt would listen to my plight. I learned that there is no such thing as 'malpractice', where it concerns the legal eagles.

Gee. I wonder why our Political system is so 'untrusted' by the average Joe?... Could it be that 97% of them are lawyers? Where does this trait to "get all you can any way you can" come from? Is it taught in classes at Harvard or Yale? I honestly wonder about such things.
                            Last edited by oldsman496; January 17, 2013, 05:51 PM.
                            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                              6 minutes of professional consultation, dated and time stamped at 6:12 in the morning. So, he was masturbating in the shower thinking about how much money he would get from us and put that on the bill, itemized.
                              Sorry, but that's at least 5/10ths of an hour . . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X