X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Don't Have Brakes You Can't Haul Ass

Discuss.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Sure you can. You will just haul ass longer.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
      Yea, until you and the ass you're hauling hits something you meant to avoid....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
        haha.
        I never fell for any of the market gimmicks..until a braking event happened.

and it was the first years of the tall geared automatics with the lockup. Not even maually downshifting did much of anything.

I can admit it needed more than a mile..with brakes. I won't admit the speed.
        to keep out of the faded line crossed...that is scary.

These little race tracks. not sure why the big emphasis.
        seems land speed stuff, or long term at simply 80 getting off an exit ramp, that needs brakes.

these cars with short leaps left and right..giant brakes make no sense at all.

I feel for peewee. must be straight aways just long enough to tease that notion of brakes needed. they arenn't small to start off with. new cars do good.

if it were not for a manual tractor trailer tranny behind a tiny engine, I'd know I have crossed that line too in a need for bigger... but I have no needs.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Brakes. Brakes are way under-rated.

Horsepower is way OVER-RATED, if there's a curve involved.

Did I say I love driving on a road course? If I didn't, I meant to.

Comment

Brakes.. Who needs them? Have a 51 Dodge with the 41-46 military 4X4 ... Had to go 40 miles one way 2x a week hauling a cork of oak... In the CITY only brake it had was the output shaft on the tranny..
            People do desperate things, broke....

Comment

Flat track motorcycles = racing bikes with no brakes.
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Bob, I can only keep watching the video from Red's dash....going fast but not nearly fast enough, into Turn One.....brakes godammit, BRAKES.....what's that smell???? it's brakes that already don't work.

I'll be back. I'll GO back. And it's not a spectator sport. Hardly anybody's watching. That, my great friend, is a participant sport. Like Derby, I guess. You just gotta be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  Brakes.. Who needs them? Have a 51 Dodge with the 41-46 military 4X4 ... Had to go 40 miles one way 2x a week hauling a cork of oak... In the CITY only brake it had was the output shaft on the tranny..
                  People do desperate things, broke....
                  it seems as though that would jake brake its way to a halt...without one.

I am reminded of hauling logs with a single dually hay truck, gas engine.

about 5000 empty, 13000 teetering on the scale.

crazy ride. needed some brembos.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                    Bob, I can only keep watching the video from Red's dash....going fast but not nearly fast enough, into Turn One.....brakes godammit, BRAKES.....what's that smell???? it's brakes that already don't work.

I'll be back. I'll GO back. And it's not a spectator sport. Hardly anybody's watching. That, my great friend, is a participant sport. Like Derby, I guess. You just gotta be there.
                    Up at SBG's back yard when we were up there Memorial day weekend.. 20,000 in the stands if not more..
                    I get pretty animated on the sidelines...

Yep.. Road courses are fun, especially closed ones...
                    See on the news my favourite twisty highway got straightened out ... 125 million with costs over-runs up to 315 million! Some of the gulley bridges's support posts fell over! ...
                    Guess I need to go legal.. As I can and do hit felony speeds... Shame, shame!

Comment

Up at SBG's back yard when we were up there Memorial day weekend.. 20,000 in the stands if not more..
                      I get pretty animated on the sidelines...

Yep.. Road courses are fun, especially closed ones...
                      See on the news my favourite twisty highway got straightened out ... 125 million with costs over-runs up to 315 million! Some of the gulley bridges's support posts fell over! ...
                      Guess I need to go legal.. As I can and do hit felony speeds... Shame, shame!
                      Oh. I forgot folks buy tickets to what you do, my bad.

Nobody buys tickets to what I wanna do again. That's pretty dumb....lemme think about this....I PAY to be allowed to wear out car parts and I have to buy some more car parts because I need better car parts to wear out....and it's not a race but it's so much fun that I get all these parts and......no, this is not adding up. I guess I should just stop.

Comment

Stop and hand in your man card!
                        Don't stop..you're having fun.. What else will you do!?

Comment

Stop and hand in your man card!
                          Don't stop..you're having fun.. What else will you do!?
                          I was just checking to see if you were paying attention Bob. No, I can't stop, especially going into Turn One even with Big Brakes, you can't stop there, you're already going too fast.

Comment

Brakes just slow you down ...

I know, that's pretty lame, I'm surprised that nobody had posted that yet.
                            Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                            07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                            88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by fast Ed View Post
                              Brakes just slow you down ...

I know, that's pretty lame, I'm surprised that nobody had posted that yet.
                              Ed, you and Bob Holmes and a host of others (you know who you are) have been of such paramount assistance with getting me off the ground all the way up to kindergarten level, equipment-wise.

Thank You Sirs, all of ya.

But I have to add to, "Brakes just slow you down..." I'd add that tire barriers and some other even harder things slow you down, too, even quicker!

Comment

Working...
                              X