No announcement yet.

Missing the tacky crap in jc whitney!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have one of these...but it's not a sticker it is just a chrome guy like those lady ones...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	imagesCABYZ2QV.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	866455
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
      I have one of these...but it's not a sticker it is just a chrome guy like those lady ones...
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]17093[/ATTACH]
      HhaHAhAHH!!!! Is that a ball cap, or is his nose just that big?
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I call it a "go ta hell hat" but yeah.
        I clipped it to the little red car last time we went for a ride without Loren knowing it, he noticed when we got home though...hahahaha
        Last edited by LORENSWIFE; January 18, 2013, 11:59 AM.
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
          I call it a "go ta hell hat" but yeah.
          I clipped it to the little red car last time we went for a ride without Loren knowing it, he noticed when we got home though...hahahaha
          We need more photos of the Little Red Car. By now you've done lots of upgrades, I'm sure....
          Last edited by pdub; January 18, 2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

The JCW book was cool but you can still get some of the stuff, trying to deside what type of horn I want for my suburban, train or ship?

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
              We need more photos of the Little Red Car. By now you've done lots of upgrades, I'm sure....
              I had it with lights and antlers for Christmas but those are off now. Loren is a purist and won't let me stick on the "tacky" stuff!
              And Russell I need a new horn for that car the one that is in it is deafening! It sounds like a full size car horn, plus the button is right on that steering handle and I hit it all the time by mistake and it scares the crap outta me... maybe a motorcyle horn?
              Also I was (embarassed wink here) watching Amish Mafia last weekend and they were pimpin out their buggies for a contest and they had the exact taillights I need! how do I find those?!?
              Last edited by LORENSWIFE; January 18, 2013, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Try google shopping

or JCW!
                Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

man, I used to spend hours pouring over the JCW catelog at my grandpas house...they were always loaded with oodles of gawdy awesomeness.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                    man, I used to spend hours pouring over the JCW catelog at my grandpas house...they were always loaded with oodles of gawdy awesomeness.
                    Okay Joe, that's my sig line now. That's too good. And too pertinent to me, buying a crap load of car parts through the mail and wondering where some of them are....yep that's it. Stand by for sig line update.

Comment

LMAO! I got print!!!
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

What I really liked were the before & after illustrations. I'm sure they had a full-time guy doing nothing but drawing classics like cars sagging in the back, and then all jacked up after installation of their leaf-spring shackles...with little lines indicating the shiny glow you'll feel.

We always figured that the aaa-daptor kit Johnny Cash used when he built that Cadillac out of pilfered parts was from J.C. Whitney.

Dad put a J.C. Whitney seat-swivel conversion pedestal in his van...I believe they're still in there. They really looked like something that was made at the corner fabrication shop, but they worked great.

Comment

Comment

I bought the pistons and rings for my MGB from them. They turned out to be Hepolite (think I spelled that close) which was sort of the English equivalent of TRW - good stuff.

My buddy Alex and I and our wimmings actually made a weekend trip from Ann Arbor to Chicago to visit the hallowed grounds. JC was still at (IIRC) 1515 Archer Ave. in Chicago. It was a great old multi-story building with oiled wood floors and tall ceilings. I had a feeling I should go while the goin' was good. Must have been 1975 or so.

Dan

Comment

Remeber all those hood ornaments they sold? The ones with the naked lady with see through colored plexiglass wings? And the jester with the light up eyes. Used to see them on Gypsie cabs (illegal cabs) in NYC back in the 80's . Some of those cars had the whole catalog on them.

Comment

Notice those coil-spring 'lowering' devices? Look like J-hooks that would fall off the first time the spring gets compressed......probably was the inspiration for the 'low-rider' technology....lol.
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X