27 years entombed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27 years entombed

a story of a 1954 corvette. could be lowest ,mileage in the world as a result of entombing it from 1959-1986.

1954 corvette story

Click image for larger version

Name:	10034181_H9654425-600x352.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	879586
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Gosh, that's neat, but to me the story is incomplete. Why would you....okay I'm going to entomb Red. I'll have him bricked up and....why would you DO that? That's nearly crazy.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Love these kind of stories
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
        Gosh, that's neat, but to me the story is incomplete. Why would you....okay I'm going to entomb Red. I'll have him bricked up and....why would you DO that? That's nearly crazy.
        I can imagine living in 1959 with an aging 1954 straight six corvette.

the little 8s were catching up, and chrysler had a hemi that sounded like a tugboat bellowing down a river.

it was time to hide the little vette.

your red is some years before itself and ahead of itself. no need to hide.

I am a jackass that needs to be entombing a vehicle...but don't.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 18, 2013, 03:03 PM.
        Previously boxer3main

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
          I can imagine living in 1959 with an aging 1954 straight six corvette.

the little 8s were catching up, and chrysler had a hemi that sounded like a tugboat bellowing down a river.

it was time to hide the little vette.

your red is some years before itself and ahead of itself. no need to hide.

I am a jackass that needs to be entombing a vehicle...but don't.
          You have to understand the time period back then.
          Cars represented one's persona...........people were very brand loyal.
          I grew up in a small Southern Missouri town.......we had a Ford, Chevy, Buick, Pontiac, Plymouth & AMC dealer.
          Parents and grand parents were brand specific.

For this to happen,to me, is nothing unusual.
          Many a vehicle got 'put away' in some fashion or another.
          IE barn finds.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
            You have to understand the time period back then.
            Cars represented one's persona...........people were very brand loyal.
            I grew up in a small Southern Missouri town.......we had a Ford, Chevy, Buick, Pontiac, Plymouth & AMC dealer.
            Parents and grand parents were brand specific.

For this to happen,to me, is nothing unusual.
            Many a vehicle got 'put away' in some fashion or another.
            IE barn finds.
            being new england my whole life, that is a given to hide the facts. my upbringing is not, but I am just that "strange".
            I still wonder what that september hot rod reuinion might inspire to come out of the woods. In my tiny hick town there was a 65 chevelle, original monster 396 (the big one).

very rare to hang to facts out here..but when they are. Its a surprise.

it is nice to see facts emerge many thousands over the original value.

the funny thing with the vette, a car built for sport..got stomped on less than 5 years old by someone with an 8cyl in a model T or something similar.

my own story has a ricer at 26 years still stomping cars right into extinction attempting the same genre...and gaining next to no value. All while no hiding in a barn, forced to torture in maine right next to the street.

humanity and blind stampede is amazing. absolutely f***** amazing.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 18, 2013, 03:21 PM.
            Previously boxer3main

Comment

I just can't get my head around entombing a fun car, but that's my own head problem. Lucky catch for somebody though. But that's just too weird, all of that.

I could nearly see it if somebody was so wealthy and so forward-looking that they might hide the car to provide his kids or grand kids a nice hunk of cash, but....no I can't even see that in my mind. I just don't get it. Nobody's that smart. I mean, I have two six packs of Billy Beer that I put away, knowing good and well it would be worth a fortune someday. NOT.

And the NASCAR car trading card collector box I bought from WalMart. NOT. And the framed envelope that rode into space on Shuttle Challenger. NOT. And some socks I wore last week and threw into a corner....wait, those MIGHT be worth something!
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
              X