Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recycling Is a Natural Thing

Amos the Dog eats his own turds.

We thought he did at first, was missing one I knew he laid down, and then I caught him doing it. I mean scarfing it down, yum yum yum.

That'll save money in dog food. Unit and I are having some serious conversations about this dog. Dang, if he wasn't so cute, he'd already be somewhere else if anybody would have him.

But not every day. Good dog days, and then bad dog days.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

He doesn't want you to steal his poops.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

You are feeding quality food?
      Usually mineral difecency.. But he's a little young for that...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
        You are feeding quality food?
        Usually mineral difecency.. But he's a little young for that...
        This guy.....overall, the whole package, we're having some heartfelt conversations about him.

We've decided tonight we'll keep him. Again. Decided that again. It's been that hard. He's just such a mess, when he's not being so dadgum good. We're a little bit old to be puppy parents. That plays into it, too. It's a mistake that we're tying to grow into, getting Amos on the rebound.

Comment

May have not given yourselves time to properly grieve.. Too late to do anything about that now... But to move on and make the best of it.. Meaning.. Amos is a baby.. Needs to grow up.. Firm hand..
          My kids often compare my 2 dogs.. Maddie was a handful as Phoebe is now.. They say things like.."remember when Maddie was like Phoebe is" .. The shits of it is they are right.. Hopefully Amos grows up before what little sanity you have is gone..
          When company comes, Phoebe is 65-70 lbs of 18 month old chiseled Staffordshire Terrier, she knocks adults down, kids are sent flying.. She hops from recliner to couch without touching the floor when company comes.. Yeah when company comes, I go hoarse yelling "DOWN! DAMMIT. DOWN" Oh yeah when company comes, my 82 year old mom doesn't come visit no more..

There are coaches that can help you both go thru stages.. Maybe look into some help?

Comment

My dog is 11 years old and she still eats poop... cat poop... from the neighbor's flowerbed... two doors down. It's like beef jerky for dogs.
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
              My dog is 11 years old and she still eats poop... cat poop... from the neighbor's flowerbed... two doors down. It's like beef jerky for dogs.
              It's not about him eating poop really. though that's disgusting. We love the dog, how can anyone not love that face? GYALEE what a face.

He's changed and complicated our life, as simple and as uncomplicated as our life was before. And how could we not know he wouldn't do that? We knew he would. But we didn't know how much.

We're keeping him. He's just too cute. But we're too old to raise a puppy.

Comment

It's only 2 years.. A mere sneeze in time..
                Right now..might be overwhelmed... Attention span is that of a top..
                Slow him down.. Make him think, observe..
                You do have a crate?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  You do have a crate?
                  Yes, three. He's killing us. We love him. But he's killing us.

Comment

Listen, here is what you do. Go to the mall. sit in one of those massage chairs and wait for a happy family to walk by. Follow them home in your old brown truck. Come back at night with the sufficiently modded get away car with the big brakes and the cloak of darkness wheels. Drop the dog off in the fenced in back yard. Get out of there quick. Go home and paint the wheels silver. Just kidding!
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Two words - Standard Poodle!

But seriously - we never get a puppy. We get them used (Beaux was 1 1/2 to 3 and King was 7 months). Chewing stage is pretty much past, house training is done or nearly so, and you can determine the personality. But it's too late for that.

The key now is setting rules, boundaries, and limitation (Cesar Millan fans know those rules). It's hard with a little pup but this is the time to make loving a reward and assert yourselves as pack leaders. King wasn't a poop eater but we taught him "Leave It" from day one and he gets it. Amos may always want to eat poop but if you can stop it with "Leave It" you have control over it. Treat him like his momma would and you've got it.

You've taken on a Big Job but many have molded great dogs starting in puppyhood.

Good Luck!

Dan

Comment

Dan speaks the truth.

Puppies are chaos-no way around it. Be glad he's small. Find his trigger-there's something he really likes, make him earn it-every time. It could be treats, a toy, or simply your attention (best place to start). Earning it can be as simple as sitting still. Get enrolled in a puppy class as soon as you can. Lessons learned now pay off huge over his lifetime, and makes learning easier as time goes on.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you might have to walk around the house with a bunch of turds in your pocket for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                          Listen, here is what you do. Go to the mall. sit in one of those massage chairs and wait for a happy family to walk by. Follow them home in your old brown truck. Come back at night with the sufficiently modded get away car with the big brakes and the cloak of darkness wheels. Drop the dog off in the fenced in back yard. Get out of there quick. Go home and paint the wheels silver. Just kidding!
                          Are these things happening still in 2019??

Comment

I believe they just have Kenny the cat .
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Mr4Speed View Post

Unfortunately, it sounds like you might have to walk around the house with a bunch of turds in your pocket for a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X