Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    local air strips sell AV gas, when I was crewing on a dirt track car and we raced out of town in ShowLow AZ we went across the street to the airstrip there and bout AV gas for the racecar and it was 3 bux cheaper a gallon than buying it in Phoenix from the Sunoco dealer

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    'When dishonest persons threaten to corrupt a
    sport with their deliberate misrepresentations, what do you do?
    You throw them out!'
    -Wally Parks
    HOT ROD '55

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    My thoughts exactly. Do it right and be proud of it!

Leave a comment:

• DanStokes
    replied
    We have race gas at the track, some of which is unleaded.

We don't know ET - not measured. If Red will do over 140 it's time for a cage - not negotiable. It would be a good idea for road racing too, if only for the chassis stiffening. S&W and others make a cage that will work and can be removed when you're not at the track. Max Motorsports also makes a great bolt-in cage - it's what I have in my 'Stang. The floor plates are the right size so they don't punch thru, bolt in, and the side bars are removable on the MM six point so it gives good protection and easy removal.

Why are people afraid to put in a cage?

We run on integrity. Keith will not only kick you out but ban you for life. No reason to go there.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; January 19, 2013, 07:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    Go for broke.. Get race gas.. Closer to 105 octane.. That, you'll feel..
    Place in the next town over has it in 55 gallon drums.. We get 6 gallons a time then go back and get more..
    One car requires it, the other benefits.. But we mix that with 93 octane 50/50..
    Somebody's gotta know where you can fill up at near the track...

U can go over 140 mph by Red's speedometer... Keith probably looks at your ET , time..distance=speed
    Go 140 or as close as you can all weekend, then last run, go for broke.. What's Keith gonna do? Throw you out?
    Last edited by Deaf Bob; January 19, 2013, 12:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Barry Donovan
    replied
    I don't know as a mile is long enough to feel that momentum go neutral. 140 coasting.
    the 93 octane is something we don't get..and that adds some serious dieselish go power. Now I am as curious as you.

those brakes will be useful.

Leave a comment:

• pdub
    started a topic Land Speed

Land Speed

I'm sittin' here thinking....

And I don't believe I'll even really do it...

But Red is 20 HP better than he was after the electronic 93 Octane tuneup, and I can feel the difference. You can feel 20 HP. Red's faster.

So.....I've told the story already here about the guy I talked with who was behind me in line at The Mile with the Corvette. How he was going for his rookie run (125 MPH) and he noticed he was going 150 MPH at the half mile mark so he coasted the rest of the way.

So what if I did the same sort of thing, got Red going as completely fast as he will go in nearly a mile, and then used his new brakes to slow down real quick, and didn't go 140 in the time trap (as to not get thrown out by Keith).

No, let's go drive on a road course.
Working...
X