Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Judy Garland singing "to the wiz"??
    I had to go outside, my teeth were still chattering.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

It has gotten up to -6 already today, the Siberian Husky stays out for about 8 minutes, the yellow lab for about three.

Comment

It's +3 here right now, I had to actually catch our pomerianian and toss it out the door.
        When I think about it though it's hasn't been that bad here in the last few years. But....it's still hard to get over the shock when you go outside.
        Originally posted by TC
        also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

was 7 when I got up, now a balmy 8... I have to run to the hardware store... Why did we start the kitchen remodel in January???
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I woke up to 0, yup, zero!

Glad I don't have to drive the diesel anywhere today.

I'm in the middle of working on TWO bathrooms Neal - I feel your pain. Kitchen remodels take a great deal of patience...
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

It has to be better than doing a roof.
              Originally posted by TC
              also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
                It's +3 here right now, I had to actually catch our pomerianian and toss it out the door.
                When I think about it though it's hasn't been that bad here in the last few years. But....it's still hard to get over the shock when you go outside.
                I heard the 711 days above zero time span was the 4th longest in chicagoland history. think we might break the streak of over an inch accumulation over the weekend though.

Comment

I am loving this. Still no twenties below..but am happy.

the little nikon would rather focus on transparent glass..but at least temperature is visible. This time of day at this window is as fire hot as it appears…but today is a cold one. Supposed to get colder in the next two days. looking forward to it.
                  Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 22, 2013, 02:25 PM.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

It's 11 here.
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I can vouch for Gene. I was out trying to wrap up deer season tonight crawling around on the ground wind in my face trying for a better shot. Yup its that cold.
                      Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

I knew I should not have worn a black suit today.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

not to be a dick but you guys are more than welcome to come visit me

Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	866554
                          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

you are not being evil. I love the cold.
                            sterility goes with it.
                            Previously boxer3main

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                              I am loving this. Still no twenties below..but am happy.

the little nikon would rather focus on transparent glass..but at least temperature is visible. This time of day at this window is as fire hot as it appears…but today is a cold one. Supposed to get colder in the next two days. looking forward to it.
                              here is one from today, 3 minutes later than yesterday.

I choose the 4 pm range as that is when it is typically quite warm in the area of photo. in the summer 130 between the roof and this building really happens. wow. The a/c is 3 times too big for the room to maintain normal. funny enough, the baseboard heat is over 20 feet long in contrast.
                              now 1 below, right after I posted.
                              nice and cold

there is a moisture about it, quite warm. The real harsh I was expecting, isn't. Still have february. that can be nastier than january. About 5 weeks to go..
                              february has the deeper records near 30 below or beyond. I don't recall being here for them..but they are written. january around this time is the routine for me and my time here. my birthday record of -26F still stands, this year will make it four years. Might stay that way a long time to come.
                              now two below, I spotted someone walking irregular. kept an eye out until they went by...
                              the city has the strangest bunch of nonchalant suicide.
                              Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 23, 2013, 02:58 PM.
                              Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
                              X