No announcement yet.

less than a week from 40 years old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right behind ya Barry, got a little over a year.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

30 was tough for me. In my head, it went from me being a 20 something year old "guy" to a 30 year old "man"... ugh, I'm old... 40 was tough for me because I had not met personal goals that I hadn't actually set, but sort of expected to have achieved - like you mentioned - no kids, not married, just sort of working...

Then I realized (slowly) that age simply is a number, and it is NOT too late. Not only have I heard many people re-start their lives at ages higher than 40 talk about how great their life is now, but something happened to me at 41 that I thought would never happen again.

Keep your head up, focus on positive things, not negative things and you will soon see that your life is filled with positivity and happiness. If you focus on what you don't have, and on the negative side of things; you will be relatively miserable...
      Forest Gump said "Life is like a box of chocolates..." , I like to say "Life is like photography; what you focus on is what you see the most of".

Comment

I'm only 62, and even though it seems tougher to get out of bed without help each day, I'm glad to be here. outgrowing the liberal indoctrination camps (sorry Jimmy Carter) was the best thing. War, heroin addiction, drunken rollovers, motorcycle gangs......all in the past and I lived....Enjoy 40 Barry....it only gets better....It's actually pretty cool not knowing everything.

Feel bad about maine govt, you know they are just going to replace Olympia Snowe with another female libtard dressed up as a Republican
        Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Barry, look at the bright side, you have 10 years before your first scheduled colonoscopy.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
            Barry, look at the bright side, you have 10 years before your first scheduled colonoscopy.
            There ya go - look on the bright side, or the dark side in this case.
            Happy Birthday Barry.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Anyone who can live in Maine has my respect. I thought we had shitty weather here in Kansas. Happy Birthday, Barry. You deserve it!
              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
                Anyone who can live in Maine has my respect. I thought we had shitty weather here in Kansas. Happy Birthday, Barry. You deserve it!
                I grew up thinking it makes a tough man.

some friends have died, neighbors. people I thought of as mentors...lucky to see late 50s.

it turned out to be just as old school as humanity and maine.

tough sure as heck isn't everything.

I am the last of something... another fact of 40 and 2013.

it is a happy birthday.

I used to be in awe of sixty, and them speaking.
                my 60 if to make it ...hard telling. it is alot more old than new.

my dad at 62 has staples in his lung from last year collapse. healthy as a mythical horse to...a faster retirement than what might be normal.
                I am in much worse shape as my age should not be this bad, accepting that is just another tough about this place.

via the net, looking at a kids census college project to put a dot where every human is, and densifying to a bigger black dot for density of population..
                I found the town stopped in time I lived in. So sparse there is not even any dots.

bangor is the first and last chunk depending on direction to be a populus place. that is where I am at now.
                I still want to go out that way as a success...the place with no dots.
                40 was possible after all.
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 21, 2013, 01:57 PM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I guess it gets down to a simple choice really. Get busy livin or get busy dyin.
                  -Andy Dufresne

Forty aint nuthin... just another day on the calendar.

Happy birthday anyway!
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                  X