Recuperation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recuperation

Went for a ride in a friends 2008 Shelby last night. One less Shelby. left the road backwards hit a couple trees. Friend had it a week. It's just sickening. Thing only had 24000 miles. Man am I sore. Feels like I got hit across both thighs and my right pectoral muscle with a bat . doesn't seem like I should hurt so bad.Really glad It wasn't frontwards or sideways though.
    Last edited by Dan Barlow; January 21, 2013, 09:16 AM.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

I'm sorry to hear about the accident, and hope you get well soon.

Comment

Ouch.. Heal well..

Comment

Bummer.
        I'm still learning

Comment

Bummer Dan! Take it easy and let time do its thing. Hopefully Mrs. Dan will spoil you and you should let her.

Damn shame about the Shelby.

Dan

Comment

At least you could walk away...sorry about the ride...
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Glad you're O.K. -
              Was it the seatbelts or bags that hit you to make you sore? Or both ?
              Phil / Omaha

Comment

OUCH! Damn that sucks.....
                I have an '07 GT500 and I'm here to tell you at any temperature under 60 degrees you have to REALLY watch your ass!!
                Most of the summer tires these cars get shod with (I'm assuming the factory tires were long gone) are hard as ROCKs under 60 degrees and you can lose traction at 40 mph just nailing it.

Was it stock? Being new to the car I can totally see this thing sneaking up and getting away from him.

Glad you're mostly OK... Must have took a pretty hard hit to hurt this much. Did you got to the ER & get checked out?

Comment

Dang Dan, that suck major vacuum. Just very glad you're okay enough to type about it. Trees and other hard things just HATE cars and the people who are in them. Just glad you're only sore, it seems. I mean, dang....
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Hey Hoosier, sorry to hear about this. Glad yer mostly ok. Not gonna be making locks for a few days or can you work? How's yer buddy? Since I'm somewhat local to you, tell me where this happened? I'm thinking a county road somewhere between 52 and 40. Too bad about the Shelby. Heal well, my friend.

Comment

ouch.
                      winter trees are hard.
                      glad car was facing backwards.

there is more than one shelby.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Went to the lot to get the stuff out of the car . They only let the owner go back and get our stuff out. Waiting to get pics from him. Keep trying to talk him into buying in and putting the motor and trans in something else, like a crown vic. Looks like we heavily grazed my door with one tree and then backed up the other about to the 8foot level. The street was three feet above the yard level so ...a climb of 5 feet. According to the police report we had a left front blow out. I wasn't sure what it was , like a 350 or a 500. yeah, it was a 500. Even broke rotors. After seeing my door , I understand why my right chest is so sore.To answer some questions it was stock with new goodyears.yes we got checked out,appears only the driver door bag went of. I'm more sorry for the car than anything....what a shame. Oh well some guy putting a factory 5 together will probably end up with it.
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I'll watch with one eye closed and the other one squinched, but I'm not real sure I want to see any photos of a killed Shelby.

More better best to hear from breathing "you."
                          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

The car is replaceable. You, not so much. Glad you are OK.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Glad you're ok - but I'm sorry to say this - your friend is a freaking idiot.

1. taking a shelby out in the winter
                              2. romping on a shelby in the winter when he hasn't had it long enough to know the car
                              3. driving like an idiot while endangering your life.

Sorry - I hate to be a jerk - but c'mon - did he even have all season tires on it?

Damit man - I hate when stuff like this happens, sure hope you are both feeling better soon - that's going to leave a big hole in his wallet, I'm sure his insurance rates will suck for quite some time.
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X