Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions / experience? Recapped pie crust slicks anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions / experience? Recapped pie crust slicks anyone?

Ok I have spent hours surfing and reading the net on pie crust recaps. Hooker is great / Hooker looks good but sucks @ the strip...Towel City sucks /Towel City is great...yada yada etc. I have seen the video of what is supposed to be a recap blowing on the burnout. I HAD considered buying a pair of recaps for my Lark for the visual aspect and some traction @ the strip. Now I am not so sure. We need a pair for the gasser project too,but NEW manufactured pie crusts are expensive. I know cool costs $$$ but dayam. So anyone have some input? Thanks!!! Rich

Having lost the tread off a couple of radials. No way would I go fast on recap tires. Your worth the extra $.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

If memory serves me correctly - and this is purely from my memory bank, as I haven't actually read an NHRA rulebook in 2 years - retread/recap tires are prohibited. You may wanna read the rules for any tracks at which you are considering to run the car.

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Working...
      X