Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shhhhhh...., Don't Tell The Wife........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shhhhhh...., Don't Tell The Wife........

Well a used AFR Titan TXR Intake came up on Ebay with a "Make Offer" option, I came across it with 8hrs left in the auction and was like I'll just through this guy a low ball number and if he takes it I'll go for it, well he came back with a counter offer that I still couldn't refuse so I jumped on it, but this is after my wife got a little mad at me for some of the other parts I bought recently, so it came today and I just unpacked it and put it with all the other parts for the motor like I already had it and all is good...... So who else hides parts from their wives, or like in my case just puts them in plan sight and waits for her to ask where it came form down the road....

Only a few more pieces and it's off to the machine shop.....
    Last edited by TC; January 22, 2013, 09:56 PM.

Nice knowin' ya, Alex. I learned that lesson years ago.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
      dude - you haven't been married 6 months yet.... and there's one thing different between Haley and Alex' wife.... Haley pops in here occasionally. Wonder what she'll say about being characterized as being married to you for years? .... oh dude (shakes head)...
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It won't be that bad, I'll have to take her out to dinner, maybe buy her a new pair of shoes or a dress or something, but that is only if she figures it out.....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          dude - you haven't been married 6 months yet.... and there's one thing different between Haley and Alex' wife.... Haley pops in here occasionally. Wonder what she'll say about being characterized as being married to you for years? .... oh dude (shakes head)...
          *facepalm!*

She's known me for years now. And it's a basic lesson I learned many years beforehand: hiding stuff from the other=problems.
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Mrs Outsider was livid when she found out I ordered a "plug and play" nitrous kit the week before Drag Week 2012. But she was even more livid when the Zex "noss" (as she calls it) failed to work.

In my experience, the chicks buy a whole lot more stuff that we don't know about than we buy that they don't know about (just look through all the clothes, shoes and handbags around your house sometime)
            Last edited by 38P; January 22, 2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

*facepalm!*

She's known me for years now. And it's a basic lesson I learned many years beforehand: hiding stuff from the other=problems.
              See that's the funny thing about it I don't hide it, she was sitting right next to it in my office today, even looked at it, but didn't "ask" about it... And if she does I don't lie about it..... But after 15 years of marriage I think she knows how it goes.....

Comment

And what is it with all of the black engine parts nowadays? Black on anything under the hood (other than a radiator and maybe some rubber parts and wiring) is UGLY! Engines used to have lots of color and plating. Now it's black, black, black.

Yawn. Zzzzz

BTW, the infamous Zex nitrous kit was a "blackout" model because purple is worse than black . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                  And what is it with all of the black engine parts nowadays? Black on anything under the hood (other than a radiator and maybe some rubber parts and wiring) is UGLY! Engines used to have lots of color and plating. Now it's black, black, black.

Yawn. Zzzzz

BTW, the infamous Zex nitrous kit was a "blackout" model because purple is worse than black . . . .
                  I was trying to get the Tie Dye one but they were all sold out......

Actually for this car it's going to be all about function, I'm not trying to make a show car, just a car that hauls ASS!!!!!....... The less flashy the better.....

Comment

I like everything black and that intake would look nice on my camaro.
                    Like I always say, you're not hiding it if it's in plain sight. I learned how to play the game from my wife, she pops out with with a new outfit, and when I ask when she got it, she just says "Oh, I've had this for a while"
                    As our kids get older I'm finding that they are the problem. They are the ones that are constantly demanding stuff and wanting everything to be equal around here.
                    Originally posted by TC
                    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

I get all goofy when new parts show up - there's no hiding. It would take all the fun out of them for me.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                        ... But she was even more livid when the Zex "noss" (as she calls it) failed to work.

I'm not sure if talking about your sexnozzle not working here on these internets is such a good idea...

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                          I'm actually on here a lot more than you think... But we don't hide stuff from each other, even being on opposite sides of the country. We're both too excited when we get something to hide it lol. Besides, he does have an ex-wife...so I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about me.
                          Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

No hiding in our relationship. She doesn't GET the car stuff but is very supportive and I support her clothes fetish even though I don't GET that either. She recently had to "influence" me to go get a new pair of jeans as I have lost some weight and I guess the old ones were baggy in the butt. Didn't bother me at all but I guess these things are important to wimmings. I'd rather have more bits for the S-10 and she knows that. Anyhow, I don't spend money we don't have and she knows that.

We'll assume that Alex and his bride can afford the intake and no harm was done. But I'd have shown it off to ME and she'd have looked at me like "WTH".

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar View Post
                              I'm not sure if talking about your sexnozzle not working here on these internets is such a good idea...

BAM! Right to the "plums!" Somebody call a doctor!

Not that I would know anything about "erectile dysfunction" (notwithstanding the best efforts of Hot Rod Magazine, PHR, and CC advertising to educate me), but a non-functioning, defective nitrous kit when you're just a few thousandths of a second from "making the show" at DW must be about as disheartening.

Comment

Working...
                              X