• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry Donovan
    replied
    engine, masters and challenge.
    >=400ci is not easy.

the last easy was a 283 and a 1.8L 4 banger.

the fuel pros must like the work on the big engines...narrowing down masters is what they are doing.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 22, 2013, 11:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    replied
    Originally posted by BOSSMAN View Post
    No typo it's 400ci minimum. This year they are wanting the builds designed around what is more attainable to an average enthusiast or reader (less exotic parts).
    I guess it'll still be fun for the few who have the skills and budget to compete.

Of course you can almost count on one hand the number of American car models built with a 400+ cube mill in the last 30 years . . . .

(Why is it that I suspect GMPP has something to do with this "average enthusiast" rule?)

Leave a comment:

• BOSSMAN
    replied
    No typo it's 400ci minimum. This year they are wanting the builds designed around what is more attainable to an average enthusiast or reader (less exotic parts).

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    started a topic Minimum CID for Engine Masters '13?

Minimum CID for Engine Masters '13?

I hate to mention Engine Masters because it always generates a torrent of criticism and defensiveness . . .

But . . .

Page 10 of the March '13 issue of Popular Hot Rodding says the minimum engine displacement for the 2013 Amsoil Engine Masters Challenge is "400 ci."

A typo? Or yet another way to protect the old OHV status quo against the multivalve engines (that none of the EM competitors seem to want to build)?

BTW, page 80 has a good quote from Bob Holmes about "contol[ling] your geeks" (unfortunately across the page from a tacky "male enhancement" quackery ad) Check it out! (the quote, not the ad)

PHR needs a little "enhancement" in that it's down to an anorexic 82 pages . . . .
Working...
X