X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retrospect

I know I'm the only one who feels this way

right Bob?
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 23, 2013, 11:03 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

I dunno, some of the people I run into seem to have quite an imagination no matter how old they are.
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I think I need a to be a bit older to get to that age..
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

My capacity for stupidity seems unlimited. Thank you God.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          My capacity for stupidity seems unlimited. Thank you God.
          That's awesome!
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

When you get really old like me you get to start over as you don't remember all the dumb stuff you did in the olden days. See what you have to look forward to.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              When you get really old like me you get to start over as you don't remember all the dumb stuff you did in the olden days. See what you have to look forward to.

Dan
              there will always be the scars
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I just open my mouth long enough to change feet.
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I know I'm the only one who feels this way

right Bob?
                  How can you be the only one that feels that way?
                  I'm real good at it... As much as I hate to admit..
                  Doesn't seem to be a shortage, seem to repeat some..why? Good question...

Comment

The nice thing for me is that I can't remember all the dumb things I did, so I get to do them over for the first time, again.
                    I'm still learning

Comment

I don't know if this ties in, but somehow I think it does. Had the big monthly meeting today. 50 people or so. I actually got in a quick comment that made everybody laugh, but there was so much stuff going around the table, you gotta be quick.

So somebody says, I know I'm going to cause a conflict with this statement but....and then went on to say something I can't reconstruct precisely, but it was about how he and his wife don't go without conflict every minute of THEIR lives, so in the workplace we might as well put it all on the table, and....

Immediately a lady shot back, "You KNOW there's functional conflict and dysfunctional conflict."

Everybody laughed and I was inhaling to say, "So if you and I are arguing, which one of us is dysfunctional?" ....

But I missed it. I was a half second too slow. Somebody else said something different. I'd scored already anyhow.
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                        The nice thing for me is that I can't remember all the dumb things I did, so I get to do them over for the first time, again.
                        Still, getting old and messing up ain't all that bad. With age comes experience, if not always grace and wisdom. I've gotten this one in the mail more than once in a couple weeks, so it's going around:

Ya' gotta love this guy! Meet Walter Barnes - All golfers should live so long as to be this kind of old man!
                        Toward the end of the Sunday service, the Minister asked, "How many of you have forgiven your enemies?" 80% held up their hands.
                        The Minister then repeated his question. All responded this time, except one man, Walter Barnes, who attended church only when the weather was bad.
                        "Mr. Barnes, it's obviously not a good morning for golf. It's good to see you here today. Are you not willing to forgive your enemies?"
                        "I don't have any," he replied gruffly.
                        "Mr. Barnes, that is very unusual.
                        "How old are you?"
                        "Ninety-eight," he replied. The congregation stood up and clapped their hands.
                        "Oh, Mr. Barnes, would you please come down in front and tell us all how a person can live ninety-eight years and not have an enemy in the world?"
                        The old golfer tottered down the aisle, stopped in front of the pulpit, turned around, faced the congregation, and said simply, "I outlived all them assholes."
                        Then he calmly returned to his seat.
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

yes.
                          if you are real stupid you have permanent reminders.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Before I was old and wise, I was young and stupid. .. ?
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I actually can't remember where the scars came from, just that they were automotive in nature. But then, there are so darn many of them!

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X