No announcement yet.

70 Monte Carlo sale question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will not buy a red car. Every one I have had got wrecked. No more.

If that sucker had a clutch... I'd be making long distance calls. Even with gold and a tpi.

Groucho - where did the 200 come from? Weird behind a TPI, I thought they were all 700's? ?
    Last edited by Beagle; January 24, 2013, 07:45 PM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I dig the car.....being fom that era, the color combo isn't that bad.
      Again, I think the TPI hurts it. Not bashing TPI's, just sayin.

Big bock would be a plus, era correct tach, maybe SS Cragars.
      4 speed and I think it would be gone or a TH400.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

interesting point - the TPI keeps whispering 245 hp at me. Maybe it's saying 307 2v... Seems like a nice car... maybe something with the 8" in the rear is irritating me with a 245 on it... 275 maybe. Bulge the sidewalls a little. Something is screaming grandma at me and I can't get past it. I really think it's a nice car though.
        Last edited by Beagle; January 24, 2013, 08:05 PM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          interesting point - the TPI keeps whispering 245 hp at me. Maybe it's saying 307 2v... Seems like a nice car... maybe something with the 8" in the rear is irritating me with a 245 on it... 275 maybe. Bulge the sidewalls a little. Something is screaming grandma at me and I can't get past it. I really think it's a nice car though.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Hey, at least it's not snot green metallic.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Lower the front a little . I think that would do it.

Comment

Color is why it isn't selling. paint it Black or Red with the proper color interior and it will sell hands down. those are bitchin cars and it smells old lady in that color & engine combo even though it is clean as it sits.
                Racing Solves Everything

Comment

I like gold cars.........thanks Charles

Thom

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    I will not buy a red car. Every one I have had got wrecked. No more.

If that sucker had a clutch... I'd be making long distance calls. Even with gold and a tpi.

Groucho - where did the 200 come from? Weird behind a TPI, I thought they were all 700's? ?
                    I think the 80's SS Monte Carlo's had 200's in em
                    STUGOTS

Comment

Mill or color? Neither. Off topic... Those things are land yachts! Hood the size of a heliport!
                      Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Originally posted by jcharliem View Post
                        Mill or color? Neither. Off topic... Those things are land yachts! Hood the size of a heliport!
                        Still smaller than a '69-'72 Grand Prix. Or any full-size car from the '60s through the late '70s.

(Gratuitous bitchin photo of the big stockers ... most of which dwarf a Gen I Monte)

Big cars are as American as hot dogs, apple pie and football. And with today's "power adder" technology, they can be very quick and fast! Restore 'em! Live 'em! Love 'em!

Comment

True. But, they still had the longest fan shroud of any GM.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X