X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pdub
    replied
    Originally posted by boxer3main View Post

the biggest weirdos ever is results of you tube.
    Heck yeah, I'll derail this thread on that note.

You have to be about 30 years old before your brain is fully developed. It's a metaphysical fact. Until then, you can't recognize the difference between a thrill and a stupid risk.

Case in point, all the wicknards trying to slide a skateboard down a handrail and breaking their balls before they ever get to the bottom. Uhhhhhh DAY-oh, that was predictable, but they're "famous."

YouTube. At least they're taken out of the gene pool.

Leave a comment:

• Barry Donovan
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    I kind of liked his quirkiness, but recently I've changed my mind to "he's an annoying prima donna who really needs to stfu"

He was whining recently that he didn't like the people who were hanging around watching them film.... really? you have fans and you complain about them taking time out of their schedule to see someone they identify with? Maybe he needs to go to writing magazine articles for Harper on the best way to please his man.

Before it seemed that two of the three were genuinely surprised and pleased that people watched them. Now it seems like 2 of 3 think the the plebs really better get back to doing their serf-like things and leave their highnesses alone..... no worries, they'll get their wish.
    the fan base is different overseas. where in americ would 100k people gather for an ice ridden rally race in the forest.
    not knowing the real perspective of complaint..really can't say much.

in my home town in massachussetts celebs wandered around all the time..even walk right by in seven eleven. probably not today, but america is still way cooler on the concept of simply being behind a damn camera.

the biggest weirdos ever is results of you tube.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy
    replied
    I guess this is how far I am out of the Mainstream, I've never heard of James May or Autocar Magazine!

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Yep.

Leave a comment:

• Steve70
    replied
    i think it's funny as hell! ...................lol

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
    That's cool she thinks you have friends
    Watch it, girlie.

Leave a comment:

• LORENSWIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    Hottie celeb in the car right now. She thinks I am texting friends.
    I'm sorry that was mean.

I meant you kinda are texting friends...

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Bazinga - she got you Scott.

Leave a comment:

• LORENSWIFE
    replied
    That's cool she thinks you have friends

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Loren
    replied
    I was sooo amazed I got to shake Jim Lovell's (Apollo 13) hand. What a big moment, I was totally enthused.

Walking away, the image that remained in my mind was, him wincing.

(Being as he's not a young guy anymore, and I was probably the three-hundreth person to shake his hand that day...whoops, sorry Mr. Lovell...)
    Last edited by Loren; January 24, 2013, 09:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LORENSWIFE
    replied
    My sister, at a State Fairs Convention in Las Vegas a few years back, had a man with an oozing sore on his face come up and ask her some questions about animals. she politely answered all the questions because she is a pro and only after he walked away did she realize it was Nicholas Cage...

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    replied
    In my job, I see the people hanging around trying to get a pic of a celeb; or them to sign something. It's the same 12 people at every damn event. They are not taking time out of their schedule. They have no life and no job. Many don't have teeth and don't know what a shower is. They give the paparazzi a run for the title of scummy.
    The best thing to do around celebs is to let them alone and treat them like ordinary people. Why would having a familiar face be an invitation to bug them?

For example, I once had a nice conversation with TransAm champion Tommy Kendall while looking at Henry Ford's 999 race car (that Kendall initiated) because I played it cool and didn't do the pushy "Hey you're Tommy Kendall, can I have your autograph" stuff. We were just two gearheads mutually in awe that somebody had the titanic stones to drive a wood-framed, 1100-cube, open ring-geared mastodon like that at speed.

On the other hand, I have stuck my cameras in to get candid photographs at racing events sometimes, so perhaps I've been guilty of "paparazzo" conduct . . . For example, I recall really annoying Tony Stewart at the Chili Bowl one year by snapping off a candid shot as he was driving from his pit to the track for a heat.
    Last edited by 38P; January 24, 2013, 09:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SuperBuickGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Outsider View Post

Yeah, but it's hard to be "from the best band [we've] ever heard" . . . . (fast forward to 9:30 for the clip)

May plays to a scripted stereotype, just as Clarkson and Hammond. It's what ~ 300 million "petrolheads" across the globe expect.

In a vague sense, May, Clarkson and Hammond each play elements of Freud's structure of the human psyche. May plays the personification of "super-ego" (critical, moralizing) to Clarkson's "id" (uncoordinated, instinctual impulses) and Hammond's "ego" (organized, realistic).

(And to think you could have taken out huge student loans to learn how to dissemble pap such as that!)

Freud, the father of cocaine.

Of course, his work in hysterics is, well, hysterical.

I know that story about the expense of edumacation.

Scott - they get paid vast sums of money to deal with that crap; and it's not exactly like it should have been a surprise to them. So they're not going to get a great deal of sympathy from me about that issue. But on top of that, many get irritated if no one notices them.

Leave a comment:

• Deaf Bob
    replied
    IF I see a celeb. I usually don't know who they are nor care.. If by chance I see ohhh say Sandra Bullock, I might point.. But more than likely will go skipping my merry way.. I am more likely to say hi to someone I know of, like Vall (46Austin).. Than I am trying to get an autograph from say..Russel Crowe...
    I like my showers, thanks..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X