Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can you tell me about Edelbrock E series heads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can you tell me about Edelbrock E series heads?

I'm not looking to buy anything right now. Just curious. I know these are a budget entry level heads that lack some hand finishing touches as well as lower grade valves and so on. Since these heads are meant for lower HP engines with flat tappet cams it makes sense. You don't need exotic parts. Hot Rod recently did a head test with about a half dozen sets of aluminum heads on a 362 SBF. No surprise the TF 170 heads were the ones to beat. But the E series heads came very, very close to the TF for a lot less money.

I keep on reading people putting these heads down saying they use junk valves and so on. I'm thinking they're decent parts for a street motor as intended and not high end which aren't needed. So who can set the record straight on their valves, springs and so on?
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

The Buick guys complain the valve guides stick, what ever that does it doesn't sound good, and makes the rest of the quality control suspect for sure. Otherwise I haven't heard much else negative on the Buick ones. They just recommend pulling the springs off assembled sets of heads to make sure the valves are free before bolting them to the engine.
    Last edited by TheSilverBuick; January 23, 2013, 03:43 PM.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
    X