Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its not a regulated 'firearm'...so can i mount one in my car for traffic control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its not a regulated 'firearm'...so can i mount one in my car for traffic control?

Rheinmetall ist ein führendes internationales Systemhaus der Verteidigungsindustrie und zugleich Treiber zukunftsweisender Innovationen auf den zivilen Märkten.

will these devices change the world?

?
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

1980s subarus shipped with those.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
      http://www.rheinmetall-defence.com/e...ser-Demo_e.pdf

will these devices change the world?

?
      not regulated, eh? shine a laser at an approaching aircraft.... you might find out that it's seriously not legal

Here in Seattle, some joker was shining a laser into approaching jets (strange way the runways are set up, you can actually sit in the glide path).... the Feds had helicopters, cops, and plain clothes out for a month and caught the gal - last I knew, she was staying in the greybar hotel for 12 years....
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Same goes for shining a laser pointer at LEO..
        They do not know if it is sights from a gun or not..
        Think it is assult? Or attempt murder or something extreme..

Comment

this is not a "laser pointer". If kept on target long enough, this will burn through the cockpit and slice the plane in two. It is a preliminary device leading to what the article states will be a 100 KW laser cannon. the speed of light stuff. motars rockets and missles are now obsolete. I bet the US military can woop the crap out of this stuff too.
          Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

We already started building one of those...

Only it took up the entire inside of a 747. Google "airborne laser"

Its currently in retirement, cuz it was so frickin' expensive, plus we're not in an arms race with the Soviets anymore.

I think.
            Last edited by Caveman Tony; January 24, 2013, 06:03 PM.
            Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

we are in the process of installing laser cannon on several destroyers and carriers as of this year. The nuclear ships are currently being preferred for the install because their power generating units can be easily upgraded to the power levels needed to support these fantastic death rays. We also have units that mount on trucks. Can you imagine this type of weapon being unleashed on infantrymen? This is not something 'in the future' anymore. and we are not the only ones that have them.
              Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Working...
              X