Definition of a "Street/ Strip Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Definition of a "Street/ Strip Car

Mikes is my "favorite" Street/Strip car.There were so many at DW I dont know where to start.Evs Mustang,the primer 60 Impala,burgundy 67 fairlane,Jeffs Malibu.Even Alfords"dirt"car Camaro fits.DW is the ultimate test of a street/strip car.

Comment

I caught the tail end of Drag Week at Corodova a couple years ago...awesome cars for sure...my Rebel can't hold a candle to these cars

Comment

But it fits the definition!

Comment

Thanks....I think...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RyanWalker
            ethelkilledfred, do you know a guy named hot rod Frank ? He street races out in Compton. Cool dude.

Is he from the Valley, has a 67 Camaro, and has Fox Body also races a Monte. Is this guy?> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yt1Xldb4YE
            FOX 11 NEWS Xmas

Comment

Yep. Thats the dude. The Monte is for sale too. 12k.

Comment

IMO, if I can drive it to work or the store, it has all lights, wipers, and a radio-it's
                a street/strip car. ;D

Comment

I think mine fits the definition of "loaded with compromises" for street use. Here are a few

Roll bar legal to 10.0 but still have the back seat, and rear speakers.

Switched to E85 for street legal high octane fuel at a reasonable price

Run drag radials for decent street manners and good traction at the strip

Radio still works and is barely louder than the engine

Passenger side racing bucket seat still has a track that allows it to slide so the kids can still crawl in the back seat.

All Steel car that looks basically stock with all factory trim. A little heavy but still scoots down the track

Rev kit with a street solid roller cam so lifters and valve springs live.

Power brakes and power steering still work. Along with wipers, heater, defroster, dome light, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by min301
                    IMO, if I can drive it to work or the store, it has all lights, wipers, and a radio-it's
                    a street/strip car. ;D
                    Originally posted by Rebel25A
                    I caught the tail end of Drag Week at Corodova a couple years ago...awesome cars for sure...my Rebel can't hold a candle to these cars

Thats the thing.....there is no right or wrong answer. I say valid plates n insurance make it street legal.

BTW....Mine is my first car.....bought it in 1984 and drove it litterally, everyday up until 2000.
                    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                    X