Gasser Reunion Thompson Raceway Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gasser Reunion Thompson Raceway Park

We went to this event on Saturday and it was awesome. Love the old drag cars and some of them were hitting mid 8's. Here's a link to some pics.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Re: Gasser Reunion Thompson Raceway Park

Yeah I thought that was pretty sweet too. I wish I could have gotten a better pic of it.
    I R Bob
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Cool pic's

Comment

Originally posted by ethelkilledfred
        Cool pic's

My favorite! Wow! What a nice ride. I am jealous.

Ron
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

This one is actually one of my favorites.

I R Bob

Comment

nice pics

Comment

Thompson is a really neat old track.

I was at the first Gasser Reunion held there in 2002. It sure has grown from it's humble beginnings! It was an awesome cast of cars and people back then and I'm sure it's even more kick ass today.

Lots of history at that old track and the first track I have ever been to that the cars HAVE to back into the water box, there's no way to drive through it.

If remember right, they slide a set of "walls" behind the cars to stop debris from flying onto the road. It's right behind the burnout area.

Brian
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

Lots of history at that old track and the first track I have ever been to that the cars HAVE to back into the water box, there's no way to drive through it.

If remember right, they slide a set of "walls" behind the cars to stop debris from flying onto the road. It's right behind the burnout area.

Brian
                Midwest Raceway in Manhattan, KS is the same way. Errol Kampschroeder owns the place and used to run a cool 409 powered Bantam altered. He is about as old school as they get and would appreciate these cars from Thompson Raceway Park.

Ron
                It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                  Thompson is a really neat old track.

I was at the first Gasser Reunion held there in 2002. It sure has grown from it's humble beginnings! It was an awesome cast of cars and people back then and I'm sure it's even more kick ass today.

Brian
                  Nah, they've modernized it. There's a block wall behind the box now and they've paved some of the pit area. ;D It's a cool old track though. I've lived here all my life and this year is the first time I've been to the track and it's only a half hour away from the track. :o
                  I R Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X