My dad's old JUNK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dad's old JUNK!

We moved my mom and dad back home the past few days from the retirement home they did like. They tried it for 2 months and dad hated it.
    So anyway here are some things he had that I was blown away with when we started moving them.
    He earned these while with Chevorllet in the 50,60,70,80's.

Retirement is better than I thought!

coke spoon tie tack ?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BigDad View Post
      coke spoon tie tack ?
      Nice... that's what I thought but I was gonna be quiet. My first reaction - that's from the 70's.

Great stuff, but do tell about the spoon?
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

All that stuff is SO COOL! I am a pin collector but keyrings etc are always desirable. Go get a deep frame and some black velvet and mount them in there.

Really neat, thanks for sharing!
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          Nice... that's what I thought but I was gonna be quiet. My first reaction - that's from the 70's.

Explains Delorean?

Seriously.. Neat stuff.. I'm with Gail.. Deep frame and velvet..
          I think silver spoon is the intention

Comment

Like Pete Townsend, I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth. But the GM coke spoon is just plain weird! The pins and such are cool though.

Dan

Comment

Go with Gail's idea, and hang it where you will see it every day in life, as a reminder of your Dad.

And the spoon, maybe a silver spoon reference to being better than the other brands?
              Last edited by mustang13; January 25, 2013, 02:31 PM.
              Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Great stuff, what did he do for Chevy?

Comment

Dad's career & work

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                  Great stuff, what did he do for Chevy?
                  My dad started out in the mid 50's from Yazoo Miss., he went to Detroit Mi and became a GM rep for the dealerships in NC and SC. He traveled a lot handling warrinty stuff on the Chevy side of GM.
                  In the early 70's we moved back to Charlotte NC where he became the Chevy instructor at the training facility in Charlotte NC on Eastway drive.
                  Then he moved up to Fleet Truck sales for the whole southeast before he retired.

Comment

Why the spoon?

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

Just got done talking to my dad about the spoon. He can't remember what the spoon signified.
                    I found one for sale though!

Find the Pre-Owned and Vintage Items that you need!

I just found this so I would think this explains it I hope. I included the link to.
                    •something very good, excellent; "cool".

This Slang page is designed to explain what the meaning of spoon, the is. The slang word / phrase / acronym spoon, the means... . Online Slang Dictionary. A list of slang words and phrases, idioms, jargon, acronyms, and abbreviations.
                    Last edited by Andy4639; January 25, 2013, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X