No announcement yet.

Let's spec a cheap, lightweight performance car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idk lately i have had this idea to swap in a L67 (3.8L v6 supercharged from GM) into a nissan 240sx

or my 426hp olds 363 i have sitting in my garage fro the last 10 years that probably needs a rebuild do to sitting

the engine bays are huge in them here is one with a LS engine and one with a 5.0

Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
    Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

• The 5.0 comes complete with Y-block style exhaust, lol!

Comment

• Lightweight MGB with a roof?

My friend had a regular MG convertible, with the little motor that was stock. Severely underpowered but still just a blast to drive minus the lucas electronics.

And I have seen people put 302's and Small aluminum buick motors in these I bet they are a blast to drive.
        Last edited by JWS4621; February 5, 2013, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• I like that idea.
          I'm still learning

Comment

• y'all did see this one? MGB-V6... just joined... Rainsol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mgb-v6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	866929
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• One more option. Sunbeam Tiger. Comes complete with a small ford V8 already installed.

Can't get my pic to work

Last edited by JWS4621; February 8, 2013, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• MG GTs are the balls. I really want to own one someday. Would be the perfect home for a little 2.0L Ecoboost crate motor!
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• I had not thought of an ecoboost in one. That would be awesome. Kinda passes the cheap, but a nice GT passes that too.

Comment

• Stick in a duratec with a turbo on it. Or wait until the 2.0 ecoboost starts piling up in the JYs. My bet is that they won't be a hot item. Ford wants $8k for one as a crate.
                    I'm still learning

Comment

• Some late production MGB-GT's came from the factory with V8's-Buick/Rover 215.

Comment

• Truimph GT 6...

Comment

• Originally posted by JWS4621 View Post
                          One more option. Sunbeam Tiger. Comes complete with a small ford V8 already installed.

Can't get my pic to work

[img] http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j...60446745337960[/img]
                          copyrighted picture - you can click on the link and get there though.

SHO-Gun Fiesta!
                          Last edited by Beagle; February 10, 2013, 05:54 PM.
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                          X