No announcement yet.

I Don't Know About Harbor Freight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Find a doctor that knows WTF he is doing... Talk to steel shop workers.. They generally have the better carpal tunnel guy..
    I had both hands done! One got done twice because the first doc hacked it.. 1 year later the symptoms were worst than pre operation.. So found another guy.. He said afterwards I probably should make a complaint.. But the first dr got his license taken away.. This was when they stuck needles with wires in your fingers and made you open and close your fist to measure blockages... Thankfully, I don't think they do that anymore... Ohh yeah. Learn to wipe with your other hand before surgery if that is the hand you use..

Comment

I've been able (so far) to keep mine under control by sleeping with a brace. It's been about 10 years or so and so far so good. I'm guessing mine aren't too bad although sometimes they throb pretty good and/or my hands go to sleep. Either way, worth having them checked by an expert and U of M has some.

Dan

Comment

LOL!

Yea - I know of one good doc that performed the surgery on a friend who raves about how smoothly everything went and how fast she was back to 100% - less than two weeks. I've done some PT that helped eliminate the waking up in the middle of the night thinking someone whacked my funny bone, and I do wear a brace at night, and sometimes during the day too.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post

wish you would have asked about the brake kit first, I would have shipped you mine to use.
          Well, from Hazard Fraught, the whole kit was like 50 bucks (Pittsburgh Automotive?), so I don't know how good it can be. If I break the only trick in the kit that fits the Ford, I'll throw a wrench at something out in the yard, which I'm sure to end up doing at some point anyway.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Peewee - Be sure to throw the one wrench you MUST have to complete the project and make sure that it goes someplace where you can't possibly retrieve it - wells are good for this, or down the storm sewer grate. Makes for stories to tell at the bar after a day of racing. (Speaking of which, I had lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and thought of you.)

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; February 1, 2013, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Did you smell the package as soon as you opened it PeeWee? I swear that is what China must smell like.

BTW What was the final Order to the Door count in Days (Weeks)? 21?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
                Did you smell the package as soon as you opened it PeeWee? I swear that is what China must smell like.

BTW What was the final Order to the Door count in Days (Weeks)? 21?
                I had to go look, it was 14 days total, shipped from Dillon SC, right down the road compared to China. And I don't think idda ever got it if I hadn't asked them about where it was. At least that's my self-perceived perception. Strange how that happened, I asked where it was and they said OH, it just now shipped today! Might be a coincidence. (Read press media peewee spin on the whole thing)

And yes, I am ashamed for buying XXXX from China but I needed that tool. Boosted their export factor again. As long as it doesn't catch on fire or poison me while I'm using it, I can get the job done with it. If it breaks, I'll throw a wrench that I don't critically need to finish the job.

Comment

My personal favorite wrench throwing technique is to storm out of the shop (so as to not damage my concrete) and launch a good one straight down into the dirt.

Bonus points for choosing a mushy day when the ground is anything but solid.

Double bonus points for actually finding the wrench in less than 30 minutes.

Triple bonus points if you can't find the wrench AND you manage to lose the shovel when you throw it after being unable to find the wrench with the shovel.
                  Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                    My personal favorite wrench throwing technique is to storm out of the shop (so as to not damage my concrete) and launch a good one straight down into the dirt.

Bonus points for choosing a mushy day when the ground is anything but solid.

Double bonus points for actually finding the wrench in less than 30 minutes.

Triple bonus points if you can't find the wrench AND you manage to lose the shovel when you throw it after being unable to find the wrench with the shovel.
                    I needed a good chuckle...

I'm only laughing because this sounds exactly like what I would do.

Ron
                    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
                      I needed a good chuckle...

I'm only laughing because this sounds exactly like what I would do.

Ron
                      I'm nearly there early on in Red's brake project. It's hard to throw a turkey baster that is split in half already....

Comment

I've already told the story here about the frustrated Air Force Airman that tended to project tools in a rage of frustration into the nearest windshield,mostly his own.
                        I NEVER parked within site of what was left of his 68 Baracuda.

I learned,dads hand to my head,not to throw tools when upset.
                        #1. You just have to go find and pick it up.
                        #2. If you just mashed your knuckles using it your not done and still need it.
                        #3. YOU have to fix what you just F!@# up throwing the tool into.
                        #4. #3 most likely will cost money you don't have.
                        5-11 (Bang Shift 11) Its more manly to cuss a blue streak when that POS Ford pisses you off.(Thats what my dad would laugh at me)

Comment

The night I learned not to throw stuff, no matter how pissed I got was in high school. I worked at the Shell station with my buddy Brian (who is now a huge wheel in the fleet department of Pepsi...who poached him from Coke!) and we were allowed to stay as late as we wanted as long as we took care of the place and put the tools away. We were swapping the engine in his K5 Blazer and for whatever reason we stopped for the night, frustrated. We pushed the truck out of the bay, and then used my pickup to push the truck across the lot with a couple of tires between the bumpers. Brian was pissed about us not finishing the truck, so he took one of the tires and just blindly chucked it over his head....and directly through the rear window of his truck. It was a BITCH to swap that thing.
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

See thats what dad said,You break it, you got to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                            X