No announcement yet.

70's street machines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started liking cars in kindergarten around 1969 so I remember all that stuff. Although some of it was a bit tacky it's still my favorite era. And speaking of those prisma decals, I have 4 of them in the garage as well as a big roll of the stuff.
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I got my license in 76, so i was right in the middle of it. I used to read the CarCraft and HotRod mags the school library would have. It was important to check every morning 'cause somebody would steal them within a day or two of thier arrival at school..... Damn I love Ansen Sprints.......... very cool link. Thanks much.
      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Seeing Double!.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	866645
        Originally posted by antmnte View Post
        How about those prism decals guys would put on the trunk lid or rear window with the name of the car,in case you forgot the car you drove.
        In my defense, it does get confusing at times? I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.
        Last edited by Grumpy; January 26, 2013, 10:42 PM.
        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

There's a guy in town who built up a early 70's Nova, disco style.... he put it away in the 80's I think, then pulled it back out about 15-20 years later. Like a time capsule. Cool car to look at, see the old trends and technology vs the new stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]17323[/ATTACH]

In my defense, it does get confusing at times? I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.
            Ha! You get a pass!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]17323[/ATTACH]

In my defense, it does get confusing at times?

I'm just jealous i don't have such problems...........
              Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17303[/ATTACH] hmmmm... Squirrel - pretty positive that's your car before it got painted. When was the last time you had slots on it ?
                Hmmm....hard to remember.... Oh yeah, last summer before I put the Cragar GTs on the front and the chrome steel slots on the back. The Centerlines usually only go on it for racing, but the steel slots have drag radials, so last time I ran it I had the "old" style wheels.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Somewhere Loren has some pictures of me from way back posing with his "to bitchen' 70 El Camino...
                  Last edited by LORENSWIFE; January 28, 2013, 10:04 AM.
                  That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                    Somewhere Loren has some pictures of me from way back posing with his "to bitchen' 70 El Camino '77"...
                    Probably somewhere where the kids can't find them...

Originally posted by Steve70 View Post
                    very kool stuff. those were fun times in the car world. i am lucky i still have my 67 Camaro i bought back in 1978!
                    I don't know why I still think that was Dec. '77, but IDK.

Steve drove that car to college (often barely), has made, what, thousands (?) of 1/4 mi. passes in it at, uh, "various locations", and had a party for when he'd owned it for 20 years. I believe it will be at the Hot Rod anniversary show, having eventually been on the covers of both Hot Rod and Car Craft, and probably runs faster now than it ever has.

It's good to hang on to the cool stuff.

Comment

I was born in '70 - about 20 years too late to have seen all the cool stuff... but I'll never forget Dad taking us to the world of wheels at McCormick place in the 70's even though he had no interest at all in cars.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I remember a lot of those. Pretty cool.
                        STUGOTS

Comment

Comment

LOVIN THAT

Last edited by groucho; January 28, 2013, 02:13 PM.
                            STUGOTS

Comment

^^^^^^^^
                              N50 goodness right there!
                              Charles

Comment

My car from 1978

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeffs6785CarCraft.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	866688

N50s where on the way out and pretty much gone by 77
                                Last edited by JeffMcKC; January 28, 2013, 03:57 PM.
                                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
                                X