No announcement yet.

70's street machines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the funny thing is, i have had a couple of guys stop in to my tire shop, in the past year, looking for N50-15s. trying to have what they did back then Coker Tire, 275 bucks each.
    Charles

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
      the funny thing is, i have had a couple of guys stop in to my tire shop, in the past year, looking for N50-15s. trying to have what they did back then Coker Tire, 275 bucks each.
      Does BF T/A still make a 295/50? I think that was their N-50 replacement.....or the 265/50 T/A
      STUGOTS

Comment

At $275 a pop it makes you think twice about going out behing the grocery store late at night and doing smokey donuts.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
          Does BF T/A still make a 295/50? I think that was their N-50 replacement.....or the 265/50 T/A
          it is the 295, and there is still a part number, but they must only build 8-12 tires a year, they are ALWAYS on back order.

I wound up selling the guy a 295 Hankook (all I could find in his time frame). put them on some 15 x 10 cragar S/S wheels, destined for a 77 Camaro. havent seen it yet, but cant wait to see it.
          Last edited by 1badmonkey; January 28, 2013, 05:41 PM.
          Charles

Comment

it is the 295, and there is still a part number, but they must only build 8-12 tires a year, they are ALWAYS on back order.

I wound up selling the guy a 295 Hankook (all I could find in his time frame). put them on some 15 x 10 cragar S/S wheels, destined for a 77 Camaro. havent seen it yet, but cant wait to see it.
            was that 295 a 50 series?
            STUGOTS

Comment

I had Kelly N-50s on the back of my 73 road runner in 83 to 85. I dont think I have a pic of it at all.
              Reading , Pa
              Good Guys rodders rep.
              "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
              Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

i saw some brand new Hankook 295-50-15s with the stickers on the tread at the messican swap meet i go to everynow and then, didnt ask how much they were, just really surprised to see 4 of them sitting there. I might go back this weekend, I need 2 tires for my DD, tires are brand new and like half price of the national tire chain stores, i dont ask where they get them LOL
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                  N-50 are like 325x50.

Comment

Coker took over making several sizes of the BFG Radial T/A's. i.e. expensive.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Here's one:

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
                        N-50 are like 325x50.
                        true, but, 325-50 is a size that didnt exist!!

yep, Grocho, they were a 295-50-15.

Charles, get them 4 295-50s and find some 15 x 10 wheels... slap them on a 1/2 ton truck... we call that the "El Paso" up here in Iowa
                        Charles

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                          Coker took over making several sizes of the BFG Radial T/A's. i.e. expensive.
                          hmmm, not sure, but when I am looking for those tires, I always call the 800 # for Michelin...
                          Charles

Comment

I have BFG 295-50-15 under the back of that car rite thar in my avatar... of course its been minitubbed with relocated shocks so they won't stick out the wheel wells.... I paid about 160.00/ea, a yr ago for them form Jegs. no backorder then. also 10" wheel Vintique rims.
                            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
                              Probably somewhere where the kids can't find them...

I don't know why I still think that was Dec. '77, but IDK.

Steve drove that car to college (often barely), has made, what, thousands (?) of 1/4 mi. passes in it at, uh, "various locations", and had a party for when he'd owned it for 20 years. I believe it will be at the Hot Rod anniversary show, having eventually been on the covers of both Hot Rod and Car Craft, and probably runs faster now than it ever has.

It's good to hang on to the cool stuff.
                              pretty good memory there. i first looked at the car in Dec of 1977 but didn't make the deal until early feb 1978. coming up on 35 years of having fun with that car
                              Racing Solves Everything

Comment

Where did you get all these pics? I would swear on my life, I took one of them at the Street Machine nationals East in Syracuse NY back in 82-83.....And, While I was driving my tunnel rammed small block vega wagon, I was in love with a local to me Black 66 Nova ss, this car has stayed with me since then and you can see the influence it had on me in my current car....

I swear I took this pic or somebdoy was standing next to me back then, I'll check my photos to find it..

This car was and still is local to me, still owned by the same guy as back then, can you tell I love the look?

Comment

Working...
                                X