70's street machines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's street machines.

Lots of goodness here. Born in '77 i missed it all.
    Seventies Style Street Machines, Street Freaks - Drag Cars - Vans - Gassers - Muscle & Some Heavy...
    58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Ohhh, that was fun, starting with the first UFO riff. I was an age where I was more gawking at the stuff than participating...but still.
    Last edited by Loren; January 25, 2013, 11:02 PM.

Comment

That was cool! Thanks for the memories. We had Nazareth hair of the dog rocking on the 8 track in the late 70s and a lack of quality rev limiters. You dont see the big hood scoop on the challenger in this pic.
      Attached Files
      www.FBthrottlebodies.com
      Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Great memories, hopefully we will see styles like these come back around once again.
        Glenn

Comment

BK is that a Hobie shirt,Damn our Moms shopped at the same stores I'm sure.
          And the hair,Damn I had some hair then......

Grew up in Simi,Ford guy swapping engines in the street too,I'm telling you guys, we are all very much alike.
          Last edited by Cyclone03; January 25, 2013, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Cyclone,
            Super small world... Grew up in Thousand Oaks, the Challenger came from Simi Valley in a neighborhood near Bills speed shop and the shirt was a hobie Im pretty sure. Still got the hair strangely enough.
            BKB
            www.FBthrottlebodies.com
            Bruce K Bridges

Comment

I got a subscription to Hot Rod in 76, got my driver license in 77. bought a core 396 from the junkyard in 78 for $65
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

i saw a bitchin 70s duster painted a green metallic with a white hockey stick styled stripe going down the side sitting on cragers tonight driving home, im kicking myself for not stopping and taking a pic of it now
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I bought a new leisure suit in '76....vans with shag
                  carpet.
                  Last edited by Monk; January 25, 2013, 06:14 PM.
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
                    Hell yeah!

Comment

I was a little kid then. I always loved cars though I can still remember being out around town or shopping with my parents and seeing a jacked up Nova or Dart or something with huge Cragars hangin out back. THat stuff always stuck in my mind. Funny what you can remember.
                      Last edited by antmnte; January 25, 2013, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Lace paint jobs
                        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

How about those prism decals guys would put on the trunk lid or rear window with the name of the car,in case you forgot the car you drove.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                            I got a subscription to Hot Rod in 76, got my driver license in 77. bought a core 396 from the junkyard in 78 for $65

Click image for larger version

Name:	55.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	866627 hmmmm... Squirrel - pretty positive that's your car before it got painted. When was the last time you had slots on it ?
                            Last edited by Beagle; January 26, 2013, 10:55 AM.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

very kool stuff. those were fun times in the car world. i am lucky i still have my 67 Camaro i bought back in 1978!
                              Racing Solves Everything

Comment

Working...
                              X