X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for my friends in the north in cold weather

yea ima dick, someone has to be
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

looks like the weather we've had here for the last week n a 1/2 ....
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

we hit 80 today, the cruise night tomorrow should be packed
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

We've had weather like that here before, probably will again someday. Nice choreography on the production.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Tammy(the missus) drove home today in northern IOWA with the window open on the Avalanche... no biggie...I always drive with at least one window down so I can hear others around me... a good rule of thumb that my dad taught me from before the days of the vented passenger compartment...less chance of co poisoning...
          Last edited by silver_bullet; January 25, 2013, 06:20 PM.
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
            Tammy(the missus) drove home today in northern IOWA with the window open on the Avalanche... no biggie...I always drive with at least one window down so I can hear others around me... a good rule of thumb that my dad taught me from before the days of the vented passenger compartment...less chance of co poisoning...
            I used to work with a guy who came to work at the mill after being a city cop. He didn't like the cop job or the pay. Said the part he hated the most was having to drive around all winter with the window down. Said that was a regulation, window down all the time so you could hear a window break.

I never figured that one out. Did he ever hear a window break? Nope, and he was pissed that he only got into one high speed chase before he quit, while another cop on the squad had been in thirty of them. How did the other cop do it? He worked the bad side of town on night shift. He'd meet a car at three in the morning and whip around in the street and turn the rack on. If they ran, he'd chase them. If they didn't run he'd turn off the rack and go the other way.

Okay, back to driving with the windows down.
            Last edited by pdub; January 25, 2013, 06:42 PM.

Comment

We were in the 70's ... took the hotrod for a mountain drive too.
              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                We've had weather like that here before, probably will again someday. Nice choreography on the production.

if this place got warm I'd have to move even further north.

99% of full moon, crisp death cold sky lit up.

9.5F

loving it.

its an extra cold in the moon.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Yeah Barry.....I call that an Ice Moon. That cold moon makes everything silvery and even more cold. I love those nights, but don't like to work then.......
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Just had to brush snow off my car after dinner at the restaurant. Thanks for the video! Makes it all the more miserable,its gonna be 50 next Wednesday-cant wait !

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                      Yeah Barry.....I call that an Ice Moon. That cold moon makes everything silvery and even more cold. I love those nights, but don't like to work then.......
                      Ya know what Ed, I think you and Barry are together in thought and made me realize, the older I get the less I care. That's a bad thing.

I see the moon reflecting off of the water or the snow (in the frozen wasteland) but it just doesn't affect me like it used to. It doesn't make me think in awe about how beautiful that is. That's gone away with time and that's bad.

Hmmmmmm. Hmmmm. I guess realizing it is the first step. Getting old sucks but it doesn't have to. Hmmmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                        Ya know what Ed, I think you and Barry are together in thought and made me realize, the older I get the less I care. That's a bad thing.

I see the moon reflecting off of the water or the snow (in the frozen wasteland) but it just doesn't affect me like it used to. It doesn't make me think in awe about how beautiful that is. That's gone away with time and that's bad.

Hmmmmmm. Hmmmm. I guess realizing it is the first step. Getting old sucks but it doesn't have to. Hmmmmmm.
                        every time its a full moon, I remind myself my camera sucks.
                        this place has a tease on the northern horizon..and no one calls it northern lights. over rules the moon every time. I wonder whats out there.
                        it is definitely different.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I just got home from work, think my fingers and toes are frostbitten from being outside for 5 minutes putting gas in the tank. Don't know for sure since I still can't feel them and they aren't functioning properly yet so just imagine me flipping you the bird right now Charles.
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

It's been in the teens all week here & right now we're getting more Lake effect snow, but that's Ohio for ya

Comment

Pfftt.. Whatever, I can slide sideways in my driveway at will.

Comment

Working...
                              X