Trying to Reason with Puppy Dog Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr4Speed View Post
    Be careful about putting him up on Craigslist-there's a good bit of risk that he can end up in a bad place. See if there is a Cavalier rescue group close to you that might take him, or an all-breed rescue. Any of them will have adult dogs that need a home, offer to take one of them in his place. Puppies are always easier for them to find homes for, and so are small dogs, so they might be helpful.

http://cavalier.rescueshelter.com/
    excellent idea, I found this Collie on CL and also considered several others as well as working with the local rescue organizations. puppies ARE TOUGH and I knew my life did not provide the patience for one, but this 4 year old collie has become the shop and life dog-goes everywhere with me and has fit into my life perfectly. get an older dog!

Last edited by stage1scott; February 1, 2013, 08:49 AM.
    67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
    05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Buddy from waaay back got a Rhodesian Ridgeback.. Left it in a new ( 2year old) Saab while he and his Lade and my wife and I played pool in a bar... There was no passenger seat, headliner, visors nor back seat when we cme out a couple hrs later... Never touched the driver's seat....

Our dogs live outside and we don't really take them out in the cars except to go to the vet...(and then it better be really serious of they best just pull through on their own)
      We had a Ridgeback cross when our 2nd daughter was born. He was 'rescued' by my mother and had originally been intended as dinner down in the Asian area of town.
      This dog latched onto that Baby and would not let her out of his sight. This be-diapered toddler fell asleep on that dog one day and he just stayed right there for as long as it took, we would pass by and he would roll his eyes at us silently pleading for us to move her, of course we didn't.
      Loren and I and the dog were out in the front one day perusing the yard and the daughter and friend were playing by the horse pen. You could tell the dog was definately keeping an eye on them. Eventually they went behind the horse trailer where he couldn't see them and he was up and over there in a flash. He would accompany her in the pouring rain up the street to the neighbors house to play and lie out in their yard soaking wet until she came out and went home.
      He also had a habit of wandering far afield and eventually developed a great of fear of fireworks, gunshots and explosions from the military bases in San Diego. He ran off several times but we got him back, The last time though he ran onto the reservation to the east and was "staying" with a family there for the weekend when he got snake bit and died.
      I still miss that dog and will always remember how much he loved my Baby, I felt that if anyone had tried to take her he would have killed them.
      Last edited by LORENSWIFE; February 1, 2013, 09:17 AM.
      That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Sorry to hear that Peewee. I have a very low tolerance for mis-behaving pets. I am extremely glad my newspaper classified free 9 month old puppy behaves reasonably well and was house broken when I got him. I'm heavily leaning towards getting a full blood lab in the spring to keep him company, and I have a feeling that will test my patience if I get one young enough.

And I'm sorry, I can't resist, have you tried this?
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
        X