Bang Shift Invades the Grand National Roadster Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bang Shift Invades the Grand National Roadster Show

Yesterday, Chad went there, took pics, talked to everyone and their sister; then he coughed up a lung and stayed home today.

Today, Bob Chiluk, Joe Grippo and myself were there. The cameras were flashing away all day.

Tons of pics coming. But, you guys will have to peruse the front page blogs this week to see any of them.

Totally cool to see Grippo and Chiluk for the first time.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

I meet bob too, was hopping to bump into some more b.s.'rs.....ol well had a blast

Comment

Scott I was hoping to hear some of your narration on the event. Your coverage of events is always the best!
      Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

YA.....was hoping Chad would go interview Hall of Fame pinstriper Craig Judd....Craig has done work for Disney and lots of celebs....my mom and him were in high school together....I remember when I was a kid my mom and him exchanging compliments as too each others skills...my mom became a housewife....he became a legend...
        The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto View Post
          Scott I was hoping to hear some of your narration on the event. Your coverage of events is always the best!
          Keep an eye on the blogs this week. I got stuff coming.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I guess the weather's good?
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Rain yesterday morning. Then cloudy all day. This morning fog and heavy drizzle. Sunny now.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                I guess the weather's good?
                We got LUCKY. It was a bit damp on the streets when we left my place at 5:45 Saturday morning in the 38. Just after we staged, hung out, and got parked for the "drive in" part it drizzled for a short time while we started looking around at things. I gave the car a quick wipe and was off to look at hundreds of over the top cars. Some really cool shit. Some great bikes too!! A few yrs ago the bike building had some horrible, money wasted examples of a motorcycle. I mean just freakin terrible. Last year and this, awesome bikes. I'm glad to see those over priced, 10 foot long style bikes have passed in popularity.
                Last edited by groucho; January 28, 2013, 11:33 AM.
                STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                  Yesterday, Chad went there, took pics, talked to everyone and their sister; then he coughed up a lung and stayed home today.

Today, Bob Chiluk, Joe Grippo and myself were there. The cameras were flashing away all day.

Tons of pics coming. But, you guys will have to peruse the front page blogs this week to see any of them.

Totally cool to see Grippo and Chiluk for the first time.
                  I'm not much for blogs or carrying a camera around. Carrying a camera ruins my "live" experience. So, I ask Scott, did you miss the race car building? If not, did you get pictures of some of the coolest cars at the show? A mid 60's full size Ford with a M/T Hemi headed FORD motor? How about the 1st Gen T-Bird with the turboed Hemi with 3 AFB's? The Hemi was cocked to allow space for the 3 inline AFB's above the left inner fenderwell. I'm not crazy about Cobra's as there's so many lookalike kits going around. BUT, the black small block (smaller flared wheelwells give a refreshing look) drag car was impressive! Webber carbed SBC Austin Healy with a rare Moon intake, and the blue Kellison with subtle white scallops

Last edited by groucho; January 28, 2013, 11:56 AM.
                  STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                    I'm not much for blogs or carrying a camera around. Carrying a camera ruins my "live" experience. So, I ask Scott, did you miss the race car building? If not, did you get pictures of some of the coolest cars at the show? A mid 60's full size Ford with a M/T Hemi headed FORD motor? How about the 1st Gen T-Bird with the turboed Hemi with 3 AFB's? The Hemi was cocked to allow space for the 3 inline AFB's above the left inner fenderwell. I'm not crazy about Cobra's as there's so many lookalike kits going around. BUT, the black small block (smaller flared wheelwells give a refreshing look) drag car was impressive!
                    I got a couple pics of the T Bird and engine. Someone said it was a supercharged Caddy in it. Couldn't get close enough to tell.

I only got a pic of the Galaxie's engine as the rest of the car was buried behind displays. M/T's Hemi headed 427 is just bad ass.

I know the other guys got shots of the cars. Check out the galleries. You don't have to scroll through every shot. Just look at the thunmbnails.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

T-Bird eng compt kinda looked like this
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by groucho; January 28, 2013, 12:03 PM.
                      STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        I got a couple pics of the T Bird and engine. Someone said it was a supercharged Caddy in it. Couldn't get close enough to tell.

I only got a pic of the Galaxie's engine as the rest of the car was buried behind displays. M/T's Hemi headed 427 is just bad ass.

I know the other guys got shots of the cars. Check out the galleries. You don't have to scroll through every shot. Just look at the thunmbnails.
                        I already saw Saturday. Maybe you can put some here for the non bloggers?
                        STUGOTS

Comment

M/T big block FORD Hemi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by groucho; January 28, 2013, 12:10 PM.
                          STUGOTS

Comment

Thanks for those shots, Groucho! And in a Galaxie, too! I think I'm having an organism.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                            X