Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hair-Raising - Did 'Y'all Catch This One on the News?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will carry on, but I think I'll start wearing a helmet if that's ok with you?

Just teasing PeeWee, no hard feelings :-)
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
      I will carry on, but I think I'll start wearing a helmet if that's ok with you?

Just teasing PeeWee, no hard feelings :-)
      None here either, ever.

Butcha know what DG? I'm just a spectator and I can really understand how you and TC have been butting heads for years. It's not always fun to watch, but I can see how that happens. Not that I want to play at all, but I can sure see how that happens.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
        None here either, ever.

Butcha know what DG? I'm just a spectator and I can really understand how you and TC have been butting heads for years. It's not always fun to watch, but I can see how that happens. Not that I want to play at all, but I can sure see how that happens.
        I'm not sure you understand why me and TC butt heads, but here's an explanation: it's because he peppers EVERY single tech thread with his "Here's what your problem is" posts, but he has zero experience in the subject matter and is usually wrong. The guys who spend more time testing and doing work, are the ones he follows around because he wants to get the attention they are getting without doing the same level of work they're doing.

And pretty soon I'm sure the "other guy" who hates having his opinion countered inpublic, and is also an attention seeker, will be in here to make snide remarks about my opinions too.

I call him out on it, that's the major difference between us. Yes, you don't like me because we have a difference of opinion, there's not much I can do about that and I apologize if I hurt your feelings in public. My opinion is that yours is oversensitive, but they're both allowed, right?
        Last edited by dieselgeek; January 27, 2013, 06:29 PM.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I'm not sure you understand why me and TC butt heads, but here's an explanation: it's because he peppers EVERY single tech thread with his "Here's what your problem is" posts, but he has zero experience in the subject matter and is usually wrong. The guys who spend more time testing and doing work, are the ones he follows around because he wants to get the attention they are getting without doing the same level of work they're doing.

I call him out on it, that's the major difference between us. Yes, you don't like me because we have a difference of opinion, there's not much I can do about that and I apologize if I hurt your feelings in public. My opinion is that yours is oversensitive, but they're both allowed, right?
          All is well. I'm not the cops. I don't have a stinking badge.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            There are rules that apply to various types of airspace.....controlled, non-controlled, traffic areas, and other rules that can change what's legal and what is not, concerning minimum altitudes, as well as minimum clearances from people and structures. This happened on an airport, where airplanes are allowed to touch the ground, legally. That said, it sounds as if his 'license' to perform what would normally be considered "reckless and dangerous operations" was expired, so IMO he will be severely dealt with by the Feds. Chances are that he and his group were working on a new 'stunt', but without knowing his status, I can't say.......but it was pretty stupid to do it, and double stupid to go public with it........
            so the fuss is administrative. I could have guessed.

I believe in dare devil in every sport.

some of the worlds greatest pilots came from skimming hilly farmland by eye with a cropper.
            I have only learned some of the stories. could barely 18 at the helm of a fighter..due to being the farm pilot.

administrative stuff probably won't stop a career like that. obvious skill before our eyes.

at a state level it is possible, federal level has a bigger world of reference besides their own ass.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 27, 2013, 06:32 PM.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'm glad you're not the cops, because I'm afraid of what you'd want to outlaw, probably me for starters.

Comment

I'm glad you're not the cops, because I'm afraid of what you'd want to outlaw, probably me for starters.

HHahHAhHHAHAH!!!!!!!!! That's good stuff there. Finally we got a laugh outta me. That's easy to do (get a laugh out of me) but there has to be something to trigger it. Cool. There it is. Life goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                  All is well. I'm not the cops. I don't have a stinking badge.
                  Thank goodness
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

here's 2cents worth..........

I don't see an issue... All the parties involved were apparently aware of what was going on. this implies consent. the location of this event seems to show lots of open space available if something had gone wrong. If the proper forms or 'permits' were not filled out, well, thats a different matter, and not connected to the risks accepted by those involved. For a govt agency to get involved in a situation where folks put themselves in danger, but not others, ...bs... personal liberty doesn't seem to count for much anymore.

everyone seems to think they need someone to think for them......

good video, both of 'em!

just sayin'........
                    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

All participants were consenting, capable adults who had plenty of experience doing stunts. They choose to do things that put them in danger. What's the problem? The only issue I'm seeing so far is dudes license had expired.
                      I'm probably wrong

Comment

At that airspeed and that altitude, it takes major effort to keep that airplane from climbing. While I certainly can't say I have time in type, it is likely the pilot is forcing the plane down. At the the slightest sign of trouble that thing would be 50' above the ground, probably far less effort than it would take to get the plane to go another 2 feet down. Within what we call ground effect- when the plane is within about a wingspan width of the ground- there is an extreme amount of lift generated.

I don't see a problem with the stunt performed, just that he wasn't authorized to do it at the time.

Aviation is different from cars. You don't see much in the way of redneck reckless stunts done by young kids. Instead you see immaculately maintained vehicles with strict maintenance standards. Stunt pilots are exceptionally skilled individuals who plan each part of their show so that spectator safety is preserved, and given what these pilots do, there is actually an exceptional safety record considering the risks involved.

Comment

And pretty soon I'm sure the "other guy" who hates having his opinion countered inpublic, and is also an attention seeker, will be in here to make snide remarks about my opinions too.

Interesting that I call you out for the same things, unless it is EFI related you don't have experience with it... I mean at least I can say I am an ASE Master Certified Tech and that I've built a few engines of "my own" over the years and have "my own" project cars, which is something you can't say and then there is the fact that you've never built a car, hotrod, or anything in your life...... So basically anything you say outside of EFI you don't have experience with, but you sure do like to inject your opinion on the subjects, don't you......... Basically your just calling the kettle black, when your boiling in the same soup that is in it........
                          Last edited by TC; January 28, 2013, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

ed- sorry PW, couldn't hep mysef.
                            Last edited by oldsman496; January 28, 2013, 08:52 PM.
                            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Working...
                            X